Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 2011 is kind of sucking so far
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

Having a tough time keeping it together at the ‘mo. My nan died a few weeks ago and late last year we found out my dad has lung cancer. (no hope for him either). My wife is due to be induced on moday morn (if she doesnt pop before) with our 2nd child any day now and I got a phone call this morn telling me that my dad has been taken in an ambulance as he is struggling to breathe and with chest pains. So I have to leave the mrs and drive from lincoln to the northwest to go and see him (its not looking good).
    I am properly mentally exhausted at the mo as my emotions are all over the shop.
    I know life has its little challenges but **** me I am struggling.

bobbyspangles

hope it all goes well fella

scaredypants

yeah, you have my sympathy – shit start to the new year 🙁

any way you can take time off work for a few wks to ease the strain ? (pat leave/compassionate/even unpaid)

stratobiker
    Free Member

Bon Courage dude.

Hohum
    Free Member

Blimey, you certainly have a lot of stress in your life at the moment!

Hopefully things will settle down for you soon. Although with a newborn due very soon it will get busier before it gets quieter again.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Cheers guys.
    Currently say at the bedside. His lung collapsed due to the tumours. They have give him morphine so he is comfortable and finally sleeping ( he hasnt slept for 3 days). I am going to stop the night as he isnt on a proper ward which can deal woth his needs. He can only whisper so if he needs pain relief etc i can make sure someone comes.
    I am proper thumping in the head dept.
    Trying my best to keep chipper for my old man though.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Sorry to hear of your bad string of stressful events and family troubles and there is no real pearl of wisdom that anyone can give you.
    My advice to you is try to come to terms with what is going on in your family life by thinking of the positive of the situation and the fact that nature works in perculiar ways in such that your new babys life follows on from that of your fathers when that time comes.
    Stay strong and make sure you give yourself some you time, it will get you through-oh and dont forget real men do cry…….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nothing I can say really. Thats a hard lot to take

Take some strength from the goodwill of others. Be strong for your dad and my good wishes go to out to you. Good luck

redthunder
    Free Member

Good vibes fly out to you man!

and to all who else are havings problems, whatever they might be.

kaesae
    Free Member

Sounds rough.

All you can really do is hang on and try and ride it out.

farewell!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

You have my sympathies very sorry to hear your bad news, hope you can take hart with your new arrival immanent and all goes well, you must have some real mixed feeling though to put it mildly.

project
    Free Member

Best wishes to you your dad and new child, lifes tough but for some its tougher, just cry in the car real men do, i did.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘2011 is kind of sucking so far’ is closed to new replies.