Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • 2011 / 2012 Cove Hummer – Who has one and opinion[s] ?
  • the_lecht_rocks

go for it if you have one ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Best bike ever made.

the_lecht_rocks

still stalking eh, Al……… 😯

the_lecht_rocks

still stalking eh, Al……… 😯

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not at all, just giving you the wind up.

Wasn’t it you that said the old one was the “best trail centre-bike ever made”, then bought a Nicolai and spent your life on forums discussing shock set up or some crap?

Sincere apologies if I got that wrong. Still happy to have a ride-off (just not on the “best trail centre-bike ever made”, unless we’re on natural trails)

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Best bike ever made 😉

MM

the_lecht_rocks

well said MM.

Al, you’re still in a world of pain. my insincere sympathies.

mm – what weight is that ?

MountainMutant
    Free Member

No idea, never weighed it. Its a large frame..probs around 23/24lbs.

What I do know is it’s made my fully blinged yeti 575 redundant. Only used it once all year!

MM

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m fine thanks TLR 😀

rexated
    Free Member

do the newer ones differ much from the old (well, 2005 vintage) frames a great deal?
    My 2005 was probably the best handling hardtail I’ve owned, but the whole chainsuck episode / stw epiphenomenom / real problems with gouging the chainstay caused me to get rid….

i had a ti 456 after that but it never quite matched up…

(sorry for thread hijack TLR, I have nothing useful to add!)

yossarian
    Free Member

To be fair tlr, you did wax lyrical about the hummer for bloody ages, only thento wax lyrical AGAIN using almost exactly the same phrases on your nicolai.

Steep and deep was one of your funnier catchphrases.

Al is a bit weird though, has he broken in and sniffed your pants yet?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Had a 2005 Hummer now a 2009 one.2009 can take 130mm newer ones can take 140mm.09 was the last year made by Litespeed.Never had chainsuck problems.Change your chainrings more often.

wab1234
    Free Member

Fellows, new to the forum and wanted to let you know that I’ve ordered a 2011 Hummer based on the great comments on the site. Will post pictures of the build soon. On another note, I ride with one of the owners of Cove Bikes and I rode his “one-off” Hummer softail. It has a DT Swiss kiss shock along the seat seat stay and no pivot at the bottom bracket, similar to a Moots design. The ride was bliss! I’ll try to get pictures of it for this post.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

IMAG0602 by http://www.sussex-mtb.com, on Flickr

I’ve got a 2009, it is the best thing ever. 2 of my mates bought at the same time, both their 2009’s broke, they got replacement 2010’s and they broke! Mine has been great though 🙂

It’s going to receive some upgrades in 2012…..

jedi

a hummer soft tail isnt a one off. my mates got one!

wab1234
    Free Member

a hummer soft tail isnt a one off. my mates got one!

You’re right, not a “one-off” but close to a “limited edition” as you can get. I’ll find out the history of the Hummer soft-tail and post it here.

pebble
    Free Member

Hummer soft tail is in the 2002 Cove brochure. Will try and put a pic up of the bike.

the_lecht_rocks

hummerlicious – broke – more info please ?

bobalong
    Free Member

Had one and loved it!

It was a little more suited to bigger terrain than the areas i get to ride regularly so i sold it and bought a soda.

The soda cant take such a long fork, but i found the Hummer worked best around 120-130 anyway.

My Hummer broke too, but a warranty replacemnt was given without a problem. It developed a strange crack horizontally on the top tube where it joins the seat tube.

I still have the medium soda, but am considering parting with it.

bigsi
    Free Member

bobalong – Your Hummer failed in the same place as the 2 that Hummerlicious speaks of (2010 models)

Cove make cracking frames – literally 😆

the_lecht_rocks

blimey 🙁

hummerlicious
    Free Member

TLR

the 2009 ones failed on the down tube gusset, the 2010 ones failed in the same place as the one above, which I believe has happened with other lynskey built frames on more than one occasion.

the_lecht_rocks

^^^^^^^^^^^

DOUBLE BLIMEY !

WHAT WAS SILVERFISHES RESPONSE / WARRANTY ACTION ?

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

was Jedi not “Mr Hummer” at one point a few years ago?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

That’s not a nickname he’ll want.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

No No dont go there 😆

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘2011 / 2012 Cove Hummer – Who has one and opinion[s] ?’ is closed to new replies.