Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • 2010 Spesh Hardrocks – A taste of things to come?
  • v10
    Free Member

Looks like they believe White is still in 😆

pjt201
    Free Member

i really don’t like the top tubes on those. looks like the tt from their road bikes too, which would seriously put me off buying.

fozzybear
    Free Member

looks ugly

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I formally liked the Hardrock as a no-nonsense HT, a Stiffee lookalike in many ways. But it’s starting to look like a Dutch bike IMO. Just when everyone is moving to u or s-curved hydroformed top-tubes, they’ve done n-curved ones like their road bikes. The red one is the least worst looking IMO

poppa
    Free Member

Yeah, I am not a big fan of the look. Seems a bit ‘feminine’, not that being feminine is bad or anything.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

They look a bit…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Perhaps it should be renamed from “HardRock” to “SoftPillowMound” 😛

kongman28
    Free Member

How much?

duntmatter
    Free Member

Looks like a sh1tting dog.

nickc

I quite like the look of them, rounded top tube looks nice

boxelder

I suspect they’ll ride at least as well as any other bike in their price bracket and you can’t see much of them when aiming to avoid trees/rocks/dog doo.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Bet the frame would build up into a decent non boutique hardcore hardtail with 120mm forks

RealMan
    Free Member

using an old 06 hardrock for commuting duties..

grumm
    Free Member

Used to have an 05 Hardrock til it got nicked – pretty good bike really, bit heavy but handled well. These new ones are pretty fugly though.

Don’t think they will be as popular with Liverpudlian gang members any more.

fbk
    Free Member

I won’t pass Judgement until a certain impartial MTB mag have cast their expert eye over it……

I’m sure they’ll think it’s great though 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

Yes, pretty heavy. But rides nicely.

tinribz
    Free Member

Looks very much like the top tube on 2009 Allez road bikes – most of which are now out of stock.

v10
    Free Member

They are decent little starter bikes, just posted them up as they usually get shown first and often give a good indication of how the rest of the lineup is going to look.

Too many price points now ive had a look at them properly.

Boggo model is £299.99
    Hardrock Disc is £349.99 – 21spd and hiten bars 😕
    Hardrock Sport Disc is £399.99 – bottom two pictures above, red one will sell lots 24spd bb5s l/o fork alu bars
    Hardrock Comp Disc £449.99 – top pic only upgrade is the fork which is hydro damped
    Hardrock Pro Disc £549.99 – Darts/Hydros

v10
    Free Member

2010 Allez are about 2 weeks away Tinribz.

I foresee too much white!

petrieboy

looks like a Whyte 19 which is beautiful to behold so i like it.

bomberman
    Free Member

i like it looks a bit more racey. i started out on a hardrock and look at the fine mountain biker i am now 😉

singletrack reviewed it in the last mag along with various other £500 hardtails and it won their seal of approval.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘2010 Spesh Hardrocks – A taste of things to come?’ is closed to new replies.