Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 2010 Revelation tuning (again)
  • scruff
    Free Member

After the rash decision of buying the Rev Race with poploc from Merlin, I found I couldn’t get them to stop bottoming out with correct sag, tried less neg. air but didn’t help much. So, I changed the oil in the damper to 10wt & dropped them to 140mm.They are better now but still not perfick, still a bit too linear / divey. Rebound has slowed right down with thicker oil and is now 1 click off fastest, so 15wt oil isn’t really do-able.
    I’m considering swapping the on/off poploc for a compression adjustable one (£60!), or a new adjustable damper unit, but I would prefer to not alter the compression damping externally. Another option is to fudge the compression with a bit of brake cable on the fork dial, but this wont make it ramp up as such. Is it just the nature of the fork ?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

put enough air to stop them bottoming, with -ve air set to 0psi, then once you've sorted that, pump up the -ve air.

The more -ve you use, the more sag you'll have. I usually pump mine 5-10 psi above the +ve chamber as you lsoe a bit when you take the valve off.

there shouldn't really be a need to fiddle with damping oil etc..

scruff
    Free Member

Only getting about 10% sag that way before, now 20%ish with 10wt.

retro83
    Free Member

yep

As you state, your options are:
    * less neg pressure, effectively preloading the fork and raising the ride height

*fitting a poploc adjust/using non poploc damper and using the LSC/floodgate to control the forks movement

cynic-al
    Free Member

What HH said, if you CBA reading it.

birly-shirly
    Free Member

Why don't you want to use external compression adjustment? If you've got the "right" amount of sag and you're blowing through the travel then I think most people would advise some compression damping.

If you want to make the adjustment on the spring side, then you could try adding oil to the +ve air chamber. A smaller air space should ramp up faster for a given amount of sag.

Lastly, are you setting +ve pressure by reference to measured sag, or are you following RS setup guidelines? New seals and general new fork stickiness might, depending on how you position yourself on the bike to measure sag, give you a misleadingly small amount of sag or a low pressure.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘2010 Revelation tuning (again)’ is closed to new replies.