Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 2010 Revelation Leaking?
  • Jammy111
    Free Member

I've got orange oily greasy stuff coming out of the negative air chamber of my 2010 dual air revelations when i let pressure out of it. What is this likely to be as i thought there was only enough grease in the air chambers to lubricate the seals??

James

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Its the assembly lube,Its fine.

Wally

Helps if you have the end you are opening upwards (oil does not run uphill) so next time, turn bike over before adjusting negative pressure.

However I got lazy last night and I too had a shox pump full of greasy foaming stuff – it's normal.

Northwind

Perfectly normal

Jammy111
    Free Member

ok, i just took the dual air side apart and this came out. I think my fork is on the blob 😮

There is some sort of shredded foam in that mess, im guessing this isnt normal and ill need a new part of some description.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Mine leaked oil and it was because the damping was **** but they were fixed under warranty by my local shop 🙂

Jammy111
    Free Member

its not out the damping leg, its the dual air side. They were working fine, just they needed an oil change, and i figured i may as well have a looksie inside the dual air side and found the murder scene you can see above. There is loads of that red grease everywhere, why have they put so much in???

Janesy
    Free Member

How did you get the lowers off? I have unscrewed the bolts then 'tapped' the schrader valve. that has come dislodged but the lowers wont slide off.

Do I need to do anything on the compression side?

Jammy111
    Free Member

yer, some procedure. undo the allen bolt 3-4 turns and tap that also. if you drop me an email, ill send you the service manual.

JohnnyPanic

How did you get the lowers off?

"Air Side" and "Vacuum" should give you a clue 🙂

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

the only foam should be the lubricating ring in the top of the lowers, just below the seal. is it still there?

Jammy111
    Free Member

yep that is still there, i think the internals must have changed for '10.

The thing in the monthly juice is definitely foam, or my forks have been producing some sort of cnidarian offspring!

Ill give TFtuned a bell tomorrow to find out what it is and if i can buy a new one off them.

Anyone else had a similar amount of grease in theirs? It seems an awful lot for no reason i can see/think of.

Jammy111
    Free Member

Gave mr TF a buzz this morning as promised. The helpful chap on the other end of the phone says it was a foam ring and probably wasnt installed properly, but it isn't crucial to the functioning of the fork, and can only be bought as part of a full kit including o-rings to revamp the whole dual air side.

Time to stick the forks back together methinks… Anyone know how much grease to use in the dual air side on the o-rings etc and i presume castrol LM grease will do the trick.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘2010 Revelation Leaking?’ is closed to new replies.