Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 2010 MARZOCCHI BOMBER RV'S TOPPING OUT
  • dorkingtrailpixie
    Free Member

Riding at Forest of Dean yesterday and my 2010 Marzocchi Bomber RV forks started to make a loud ‘clack’ when topping out. Now I’m not particularly ‘techie’ minded when it comes to these things. What’s the issue here? – is there a fault or do I just have the rebound set up wrong. I’ve changed nothing on the forks over the last 9 months I’ve had ’em and they’ve not done this before. Just lifting the forks off the ground gives me the same noise which wasn’t there ’till riding yesterday.
    Any clues? – cheers all!

VanHalen

TF said to me that the RV damping is pretty simple and if you run too much preload (read: any!) or too little damping then the fork will top out like mad.

i have 06 RCVs which im guessing are the same damping system.

if its just started happening and you`ve done nothing to them in 9 months i’d probably look at the oil levels. too little oil and mine top out. and check the rebound adjuster hasnt moved.

flyingmonkeycorps

Apart from that how’re you finding the RV damping? I’m considering a set at the moment, there seem to be some good deals out there

dorkingtrailpixie
    Free Member

Thanks all

Van Halen – you’re right, when i checked the rebound adjuster it had moved all the way over, no doubt due to getting knocked on the uplift trailer. A few winds back and the fork no longer tops out.

Flying Monkey – no problems at all with this fork. It’s quite basic but to be honest, once actually riding the bike I can’t tell the difference between these forks and my Fox Talas 36 R 160mm forks I have on my Orange 5. Seeing as the Talas are nearly 3 times the cost, I struggle to find a massive difference in performance. Been using the Marzocchi’s on an old Coiler and for the price, hard to find a fault really. The stock spring was too soft for me (85kg weight) but with new springs, now perfect.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘2010 MARZOCCHI BOMBER RV'S TOPPING OUT’ is closed to new replies.