Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2010 marzocchi
  • kimbers

hmmmm im a big fan of their older stuff but horror stories of the 08 line up have me scared

Dirt rate the 09 55RC3 above fox Van 36RC2

will the 2010 stuff be a return to form?

juan
    Free Member

yes
    LBS had stephane guillaume coming in and telling them it will be back to square
    “open bath and spring”

sofatester
    Free Member

“back to square one”…with 2010 prices 🙄

furry_marmot
    Free Member

yes, 2008 marzocchi was awful, lots of riders suffered unacceptably and there should be no excuses. However… I think most of the problems have been sorted out for 2009, never mind 2010. I have an ’09 55 ATA Micro and it is *amazing* – light, stiff and as plush as any of the old Marzocchi coil/oil forks with HSCV damping (on which they built their reputation). If Marzocchi deliver what they’ve promised for 2010 – open bath Ti springs for hardly any weight penalty over the air forks – then they should regain their position at the top of the fork hierarchy. I can understand a serious downhill racer preferring a Boxxer over an 888, but otherwise (2008 aside) I’ve often wondered why anybody would choose not to buy Marzocchi.

kimbers

if only the 09 55s werent so frackin expensive , hmmmm

mamadirt
    Free Member

Mmmmmmmm 😛

druidh
    Free Member

Oh. Will someone pass me a tissue?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

if they really do go back to open baths then it doesn’t matter how expenive they are, over 3 years you’ll save it in never serviceing them!

And the RC3 damper is mind bogglingly good! Can we have an R2C3X damper at some point, with variable blow offs between the high and low speed circuits? (needle vale low speed circuit, shim stack for the high speed, with adjustable preload and port size on the high speed.

No reason other than i’d like to fiddle 🙂

onewheeltoofew
    Free Member

I’m one of the ones that got stung with the 2008 55 ATA. Yes it was a dog and yes it had to go back to windwave a couple of times. But since it’s been fitted with new bushings (actually the whole lower assembly was replaced) and new internals it’s been fookin’ great. A really well controlled fork and on reflection I’m very pleased with my decision to go with them (plus I’ve still got 18 months left on the warranty… just in case… :-)). Only thing I miss from the marzocchi’s of old is the open bath. You do have to open the 55s up every so often to top up the splash oil as it does dissapear over time. But it’s dead easy to do and doesn’t need to be done very often. great fork though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2010 marzocchi’ is closed to new replies.