Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 2010 giant anthem x4.is it a good deal?
  • racefaceec90

have been looking to save for a fs bike,and just seen the above http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/giant_anthem_x4.html .it seems like a really good deal (everything else seems to be going up in price,without getting better quality components.) what do people reckon.if it helps,i have an 08 s works ht,and ride mostly the ridgeway,pewsey vale,salisbury plain.thanks 😀

rolfharris
    Free Member

Blimey, that's a stonking deal! I've not seen the 2010 Giants yet because I've not been at work for a month, but that looks like a cracking bike. In fact, I'd probably sell my own Anthem frame at the end of next season and buy that whole bike to replace it.

The Anthem X is a really good bike. It's fast, light and very capable. I have a lot of fun on it on normal trails and if you like your S Works you'll feel very at home with the suspension on this- it's very unnoticeable.I'm incredibly happy with mine.

racefaceec90

thanks rolfharris.i think i'm going to save up for it.will be getting it from local bike shop.it does look like a really nice bike. 😀

rolfharris
    Free Member

Word of warning- it's the fastest bike you'll ever ride.

racefaceec90

just wondered what frame size to go for.my stumpy is a 17" frame.thanks again.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Mine is a medium and I'm 5'10". It is quite a long frame, I'd say go for a small if you're 5'7" or under.

markyd

That does look like a good price, in comparison to this year's prices anyway. I my nip down to pedal on tonight and have a chat with them. I've been considering an AnthemX frame for a while, but that has now jumped to £995, so an extra £400 for the F100RL forks seems OK to me, then flog off the rest and replace with current kit.

racefaceec90

just got back from the shop,after putting a deposit on the 2010 anthem x4 in small.for some reason the small won't be here until feb 2010!!!although the larger frame sizes will be earlier(and the more expensive models!!!)why is that?why don't they bring them all in at the same time?if your going to order a giant i would definitely check on when they will be able to order one.

redthunder
    Free Member

Apparently Giant Anthem X4 are quite hard to get hold of..

Couple here..
    http://www.zerogcyclecorp.com/cms/?q=node/27

llamafarmer
    Free Member

racefaceec90 – Member
    just got back from the shop,after putting a deposit on the 2010 anthem x4 in small.for some reason the small won't be here until feb 2010!!!although the larger frame sizes will be earlier(and the more expensive models!!!)why is that?why don't they bring them all in at the same time?if your going to order a giant i would definitely check on when they will be able to order one.

It'll be worth the wait mate, the Anthem X is a stunningly good bike. You'll sprout devil horns the first time you jump on it 😈

vrapan
    Free Member

Anthem X Frame 2010 for 894£

For anyone interested you can get a 100£ discount there also Winstanleys will price match it without question and they have all frame sizes in stock. I was going to buy an X3 or X2 but I needed an XS size and they dont sell full bikes for that price so I bought the frame.

Used some parts from a second hand boardman but now it is getting it a pair of 1300gr Stans wheelset and a SID Team for 325£ from Merlin.

Even with some average Recon's and heavy wheels it is one heck of a bike. You won't regret it!

br
    Free Member

Are you sure about the size – as the large 2009 Anthem X I demoed was 'tiny'…

vrapan
    Free Member

I am 5' 4" and the XS feels right. I could have gone for the small but with the seat slightly towards the back the XS feels just right. Not sure how tall the OP is

elma
    Free Member

I just picked mine up today and the car park ride was really good 😀

Looking forward to trying it for real soon.

Can anyone recommend what pressure to run the fox forks at for a 200lb rider.Does 60% of riders weight sound about right.

Thanks Iain

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘2010 giant anthem x4.is it a good deal?’ is closed to new replies.