Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • 2010 bikes (particularly Lapierre)
  • chunkychew
    Free Member

I've noticed a few more photos of "next year's" bikes about on the internet lately. Judging by recent years, it's about now that companies start releasing new or updated models.

Some companies seem to release earlier than others. Anyone heard anything about when 2010 Lapierre bikes are due out?

stumpy01

Pricing is due for Lapierre on 1st Sept, I think but not sure when the bikes will be available.

Spesh have already got some of their bikes out, and are slowly trickling the rest out over the next few months according to LBS.

JoeBlob

Have seen £3,500 quoted, (We Love Lapierre), for Spicy 516 in 2010, fox boost and fit technology being the only changes to warrant £400 increase!

rolfharris
    Free Member

That and the cost of the Euro and Shimano stuff. Rubbish, innit?

Trek are already letting 2010 stuff trickle in, as are Giant, but smaller brands like Lapierre should be later, October time.

dasnut
    Free Member

looking at the prices for the new stuff on http://www.welovelapierre.com
    glad I bought my 2008 714 for £2200 brand new (was the last one anywhere apparently)
    thats now the price of the 314!
    and they are shortening the top tube, a shame as I like the long one on mine, runs a 50mm stem lovely….
    still, great bikes….

seb
    Free Member

Some of the Lapierre bikes are already out.
    Lapierre Zesty 214
    Lapierre Zesty 314
    They are selling the 314 for 2300euros.
    I spoke to Hotline and a couple of shops.
    The new 214 will be priced around the current 314 but will have a lower spec.
    The new 314 will have a similar spec but the price will be higher.

chunkychew
    Free Member

The price increases this year are going to be crazy. I'd heard a rumour that some Treks were going up by as much as 20%, although I can't quite see that myself.

I'm really interested in the Froggy 518 which was about £3100 this year. Dread to think what it'll be for 2010. (I wish they'd offer it with a coil shock for 2010 too). Can only find pics of the 918 and 718. Anyone seen any of the 518 or 318?

LordOnOne
    Free Member
    LordOnOne
    Free Member

Looks like the pricing is on the Hotlines site already, but without pics or specs.

druidh
    Free Member

2010 Marins already coming in too.

Zone
    Free Member

2010 marins are already sellin…. we've sold some… in and gone!

stumpy01

The 314 isn't exactly specced that lavishly is it, so it will be interesting to see what the 214 comes with.
    I think most bikes priced around £1800 will be up to about £2200 for 2010.

Which is a bit of a poo.

chakaping
    Free Member

I enquired via a friend at CRC (who own Hotlines) yesterday and was told perhaps a couple of months for the Froggy 318.

Chunkychew – I was put off by the air shock and shorter fork on the 518 too, have decided to get the 318 and upgrade it. Already got a 2ndhand Totem (on my big hit for now) and will get the Van R shock Pushed if standard performance is lacking.

chakaping
    Free Member

Lord – Good work, so a £150 rise on the bike I'm looking at (but with slightly better kit, but not £150 better).

And not such a nice colour.

🙁

chunkychew
    Free Member

Chakaping – I'm put off by the air shock too, but I'm also put off by the heavy Domain 302's on the 318. I really like the Fox36's on the 518 (although i'd be happy with "just" tyhe R rather than the RC2) but they are 160mm travel which seems an odd choice for a 180mm bike. I'd have thought air Totems (like you suggest) would be more sensible for a factory build.

If I go for the 518 I'll swap to a coil shock and change the wheels (maybe Mavic 723 on a Pro 2).

That should just be cheaper than goin for the 318, getting the shock pushed, changing the forks for Totems, changing the wheels and changing the Crankset for Saint.

Both options ssem to work out cheaper than buying the 718 frame and speccing it myself.

nasher
    Free Member

I really like the look of that 318.

So any more piccies of the other models? especially the spicy 216 and 316.

My 318 now has the 66 RC2's on it, formula the one,

SLX cranks and mavic SX wheels to come..reckon it will save a couple of pounds in weight.

ojom
    Free Member

joeblob – you forgot the carbon rear end on the 514.

LordOnOne
    Free Member

Google delivers…216, then the 316

coopersport1
    Free Member

I was lucky enough to be at LBS when the rep brought round the 2010 bikes for viewing, they're very touchy about demos! Anyway they look the business, but they're FRENCH so anyone considering buying one should think about it really hard!
    Unfortuanately my sponsor seems to have it in his head that I may climb off my Orange 5 to race a french bike, we've had words!

chakaping
    Free Member

Those pics of the 318 look like somebody's done one of those arty photoshop colour filter treatments.

Emailed Hotlines recently and I think they said mid-October for UK arrival of Froggies.

Nasher – You've ridden Lapierre and Giant bikes extensively, how do you think the the suspension performance compares?

nasher
    Free Member

Hey chakaping

There is quite a difference in the suspensuio performance of the two marque's

firstly I would say the giants are "plusher" . what i mean by that is that the suspension is very effective over continious rocks and rough terrain…BuT!!! the bikes just felt dead, no acceleration no nimblenes, it just did the job….pretty neutral really.

Also I was put off of Giant as they constantly changed the models and the spec and forks just dont suit the frames.

The lapierres however are very fast off the mark, and climb incredibly well and acceleration is immense, handling is excellent with a long wheelbase and short cockpit, the suspension is not as "plush" but you do get a lot of feedback, and zero flex. my Push tuned shock should arrive tomorrow so will be intersting to see the performance difference

I tested along with some friends a reign and a spicy and we all prefered the spicy it really is a fun bike.

My Froggy however i havent warmed up to it, its a a bit heavy (318) and I got the large frame, true it ploughs through anything but that sprightlyness is missing.

will lighten it up soon though so hopefully that will make a difference.

racefaceec90

i really like the zesty bikes (just wish i could afford one).am starting to save up though,£50 at present 😆

chakaping
    Free Member

Thanks nasher, that's really helpful.

I know what you mean about Giant suspension feeling neutral, although I quite like it and prefer to 4-bar or single-pivot designs I've tried.

Do please let us know how the Push shock changes the ride of the Froggy, as I'd be looking at getting that done myself later.

I'd be getting the Froggy as a replacement for my Big Hit – so would hopefully feel lighter and more nimble.

Incidentally, I just had the Float R on my Trance Pushed and it seems very impressive riding up and down the road. Feels a bit like a coil spring – with much more subtly progressive feel.

FuzzyWuzzy

I thought the 2010 518 was coil now to? Tempted by the 09 318 but wouldn't have the cash to upgrade the forks – are the 302 Domains really bad or just something worth upgrading later?

grazzer1
    Free Member

i see ya Anders!

chakaping
    Free Member

FuzzyWuzzy – So it is! But the spec sheets I can find show the only real differences between the 318/518 being…

fork: domain/van
    shock: van/DHX4
    crank: deore/SLX

But the price difference is something like £800-£900!

I have the Domain 318 and it's a good fork for what it is, but pretty basic – and doesn't cope well with braking bumps and repeated fast hits. The 302 doesn't have the motion control damping, so I imagine it would be even less predictable.

nasher
    Free Member

Well just got my pushed float R back for the spicy and the difference is amazing.

I always had a quite q bit of "feedback" from the rear, now it tracks much better and improving the ride but not affecting the "sprityness" of the bike.

The domain fork is an orrible one if you are riding continious rocks etc.. but for the Uk it will be fine.

The 518 i believe is notas good a value s the 318 with main difference being Saint/slx, domain/van DHX/vanand a better rear hub!!!!

The difference in money can build a better machine than the 518.

Very interested in the spicy 216 tho, just ditch the fork for a nice marz 55 (2010 ones)

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘2010 bikes (particularly Lapierre)’ is closed to new replies.