Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2009 Trek Fuel ABP rear QR help
  • windydave13
    Free Member

Bit of a long shot but my mate left his QR skewer for his 2009 trek Fuel in a car park in the lakes yesterday.
    No one seems to have the official one in stock so we’re trying to work out what size it is to see if we can bodge it to get a ride in before Christmas.

So, does anyone know the length of the rear ABP skewer? I’ve read a few things to suggest its 135mm but no one seems to know for sure.

Thanks in advance
    Dave

njee20
    Free Member

No, the dropout is 135mm (standard QR) the skewer is far longer, 210mm according to Pedal On, who have them in stock. FWIW having done the same thing 3 times I’ve never found anything that will work.

KCNC do them as well, much lighter, not hugely confidence inspiring though. I’d just get one on order from Pedal On, sure it’ll turn up in time. You can get ti ones too for about £20.

matther01
    Free Member

Ordered one a few days ago from Evans.£10 steel or £25 titanium.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    windydave13
    Free Member

Cheers fella, that’s what i thought.

We might take a drive back to the carpark on the off-chance it’s still there.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Cheltenham Cycles have them.01242 255414.They could post one for you.

windydave13
    Free Member

Cheers for the info.
    Unfortunately we need one for tommorrow so we can ride.
    It turns out Wheelbase have one so we’re heading the lakes for another ride in the rain 😆

loughor
    Free Member

Sorry to reopen this thread… Just wondering, does any other company, other than Trek make a QR skewer that will fit the ABP axle ? Trawled the usual online sites, cannot find anything that will fit. Only reason I ask is that I’d like a pretty colour one rather then that offered by Trek! Thnx in advance

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2009 Trek Fuel ABP rear QR help’ is closed to new replies.