Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • 2009 STW Fat Club – Doors are open!
  • RaglanSurf
    Free Member

OK I’m going to give this a go, I was about 11st7llbs last time I looked so will dig out the scales. Would like to lose a stone at least.

Letsbyhavinyou
    Free Member

I’m up for that although I do feel virtuous riding on both Christmas day and New Years day

username legsbehavinyou wt 86.6kg

marsdenman
    Free Member

Hullo Folks,

So, 13 of you have e-mailed thus far with your details – please do E-MAIL YOUR INFO, it gives an element of control as opposed to checking through the thread.

Have not opened any communications just yet but there seems to be one or two big targets – I believe the healthy way to lose weight is at the rate of 1-2lbs a week, your choice but maybe revise your target to suit this rather than setting yourself up for a weekend or two on Piccolax to reach the goal…… 😯

I got on the scales today – 15st10lbs which is about where I started the last one …… 🙄
    We’re pretty much clear of christmas food and booze so I’m concentrating on dropping the crap from the daily routine – missing my daily bag of crisps already – and dropping the daily bottle of beer…. did that last time and managed to lose about half a stone with little other dietary adjustment, then I fell off the wagon!!

FC – yup, only lady so far……..

Chris

bigsi
    Free Member

Yay I’m in.

E-Mail already sent,,, starting high so hope to see a big loss. It could be a race between myself and Ton over the next few months as we are both starting from nearly the same point 😯

juan
    Free Member

I have a couple of Kg to loose can i join in…

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

I’ve set a target of 20 weeks to lose 20lbs, but if I can do that over 12 weeks it’ll be even better!! 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Chris, do previous members still have to email you the new targets? If so, and you are reading this, put me in as 164lbs current and 146lbs target :mrgreen:

Surfr
    Free Member

Yeh I think I may count as one of the ones aiming high with a target loss of 3 stone in 12 weeks. It was supposed to be 3 stone in 52 weeks when the wife and I planned it so seeing as this came up the same day, I thought ‘what the heck’. I don’t expect to get anywhere close.

Stu_N

I’m in – thanks for organising! 13st 7 would be nice – if I get there I’m having me an iPhone!

Will mail you a “weigh in” tomorrow morning and take it from there.

Stuart

RudeBoy
    Free Member

If I lost any weight, I’d turn transparent.

I’d be up for stoat’s club, though.

I’m 9st now, I’d like to put on 1/2 a stone, through developing muscle.

Is beer a good energy drink? It’s got lots of calories, it must be.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

i’m in…..

first weigh in is tomorrow so i’ll send details to you then.

my fighting weight is around 78.5kg, probably weigh around 83kg at the mo, looking to get to 75kg for next season start!

cheers

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I am going for 2 stone over 12 weeks (think that’s what I put in my email) – so not quite in the league of some of you! Trying to get down from 19 to 17 stone… few year back I went from 21 stone to 17 stone 10 in about 12 weeks, and was pretty lean at that weight, so I have no idea whether 17 stone is even a realistic goal for long term or not! Still… worth a try I suppose.

Decided that this year has got to get better, and if I can get fitter and loose some excess it will help lift my mood and make more things possible (like coping with the current loss and grief side of things). Here’s hoping anyway.

uphilla
    Free Member

I will give it a go again – seem to have gained a stone over the last year, will email later.
    The tip I was given over Christmas was to promise yourself a treat for steps towards target weight, going to work out what new bike bits and outings I could aim for over the coming weeks. 😀

iht4
    Free Member

count me in too 🙂
    lost over 3 stone 2 years ago but have regained some again.
    16st 9 with a target of 15st.

perfect timing as am signed up to an event an the end of march.

matt_bl
    Free Member

I’m in if there’s still room.

The events I’ve planned for this year will go much more smoothly if I let go of the odd pound or two!

Matt

SaxonRider

Sent an e-mail to marsdenman to join, but haven’t heard anything. Am I supposed to?

Reason I ask is that, without realising it, I sent my information before STW had recognised my fresh registration for the site.

Surfr
    Free Member

Are we supposed to have sent another weigh-in yesterday? (9th as per OP)

psling
    Free Member

Sent an e-mail to marsdenman to join, but haven’t heard anything. Am I supposed to?

No, but you are on the list posted by marsdenman [although you probably know that by now!]

Are we supposed to have sent another weigh-in yesterday? (9th as per OP)

Yes, I believe so. I have 😉

forge197
    Free Member

yes Fridays are weigh in days, I’d lost a little so heading in the right direction as in down. It always starts this way, drop a couple pounds then the next couple become ellusive!!

Stu_N

yes, mailed Marsdenman – 4lb down this week but probably not all lard as was off the bike for almost a fortnight before this week! Still, in right direction and as long as doesn’t go up next week will be happy.

scotabroad

Ehrm I joined this a while back and lost sod all so why not. Weight approx 18.5st, lets set a target of 17.5st, gulp…………

Onzadog
    Free Member

where is this list?

Jamie
    Free Member

#
    Onzadog – Member

where is this list?
    Posted 2 hours ago #

Clicky

bionicwoman
    Free Member

Hi, just emailled am laid up after a knee replacement at 30 and have started putting on the weight I have just lost so here goes!!

marsdenman
    Free Member

Jamie – amdended your figures.

For info – current membership list, so current it even includes bionic woman!

Arcaic
    bianchi-boy
    BigSi
    bigsteve
    bionicwoman
    Blackhound
    boingboing
    Bruneep
    epo-aholic
    Firedwheels
    forge197
    FoxyChick
    Garry_Lager
    gonetothehills
    GreenK
    grynch
    iht4
    jack44
    jamie
    kinda666
    LardLover
    letsbehavingyou
    marsdenman
    matt_bl
    MrsMM
    nsaints
    onzadog
    paddlemyowncanoe
    patentlywill
    peteA
    prophet2
    psling
    rexated
    richpenny
    RobS
    rooleymoor
    Runwithscissors
    Sandwich
    SaxonRider
    Schmey
    scotabroad
    sofaboyTT
    steviep
    Stu_N
    stufield
    Surfr
    Swiftacular
    takisawa2
    TheHillsofSomerset
    Too_Punk_To_Funk
    Tracker1972
    Trimix
    uphilla

Jamie
    Free Member

Should we start taking bets now as to who will still be doing it by the end of the month? 😉

marsdenman
    Free Member

Jamie – yep, be intersting to see, the attrition rate on the lat Club was extreme to say the least……

Anyways up, finally got to correct the formulae on the spreadsheet so here, for the terminally sleepless, are the 2009 Club facts and figures

52 members*
    Total start weight 10851lbs 😯
    Average target loss 21lbs
    Average target loss as a percentage of start weight 10%
    Average loss this week 1.5lb**

*13 yet to report a figure for this last week
    **average skewed a little by the 13 not reporting figures, then there’s the fact that 3 of you report losses of 7lb, one reporting a 6 lb loss, one reporting 5lb loss and a few reporting 4lb losses 😯 😯 – you guys (and gal…) eating your own limbs or something… 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

7lb loss? That has got to be wonky scales surely?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’m in! emailed. Unrealistic target in 12 weeks but I’ll be happy to get close!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Can I still be in despite being late? I have been dieting since new year but not lost any weight from the start weight I entered in the email!

bigsi
    Free Member

7lb loss is a lot of time spent on the loo 😯

marsdenman
    Free Member

Don’t doubt anyone lost their stated weight – after all I’m one of the ones in the group that lost 4lbs (due mostly to the exertions of learning to ski…lucky me!).
    Given its the first week I’m guessing some folk may have made significant changes to diet and exercise which would explain the higher figures, once the old body realises what’s going on it will react accordingly and losses will likely settle to the (so called) safe figure of a lb or two a week…..

twonks

I’ve found the thread and am hopefully in this one 😆

6′ nothing, weigh 211lbs and want to be 180 by mid year. (Getting married July)

Off it comes – hopefully

bionicwoman
    Free Member

two and a half pound lighter happy days (especially as I can’t really exercise at the mo!!)

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘2009 STW Fat Club – Doors are open!’ is closed to new replies.