Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • 2009 STW Fat Club – Doors are open!
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

Hi Folks!

Tis the season for new Years Resolutions (and yes, I’ve seen the earlier thread..)
    So, doors are open for 2009 New Year Resolution Fat Club.
    We’ll run it for 12 weeks again and take it from there.

So, care to join?
    Suggest this next few days it taken up building up the membership and getting starting weights etc, with the first weigh in taking place on Friday 9th Jan.

All you need do is drop us an e-mail at chris.sharonturner at mac dot com with the following in the subject field

STW board name. Real name. Start weight. Target weight.
    eg – mine would read ‘marsdenman. Chris. Start 15st 10lbs. Target 14 stone’
    (weights can be stone, lbs, kg’s – whatever is easier for you, we’ll convert all to lbs)

Then, for the weekly weigh in’s send an e-mail with your board name and weight (spreadsheet works out the losses)
    ie ‘marsdenman. 15st 8lbs’

(current club members will note i lost bugger all this last time, had droped half a stone but thats all back….. expect to start commuting to work by bike as of this coming Monday though, that should help….i’m doing a test run this Friday….!)

Keeping the detail in the subject field saves us opening a load of e-mails – when we set the last one up we had 40+ members. If you do need us to read something(eg to let us know you’ll be away or something) just end the subject field with ‘please read’ and put the details in the main body of the e-mail.

Hopefully thats pretty clear!
    We did have a lot of fall off (in terms of membership, not weight…) very quickly with the last one, in part i’m sure caused by our poor set up procedure (twas all new to me this ecxel stuff….) but we responded to feedback and, the spreadsheet is there, ready to go…..

I’ll check back here and on e-mails this next day or two but i’m off to get my second G+T now so i’ll wish you all the best, catch up with you in the new year!

PS – current Club Members – we’ll e-mail out the end of term results this weekend.

All The Best
    C & S

psling
    Free Member

doors are open…

He, he – hope they’re double doors after this xmas!!

marsdenman
    Free Member

LOL – tempted to use the edit facility for that one……

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

When do we eat?

marsdenman
    Free Member

Whenever you like Mr Austin, just eat less of your preferred grub and move around more 😉
    apparently that works wonders, not quite as good, or quick as Agent Piccolax though……

forge197
    Free Member

I am in……again!!

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I’m off to the kitchen first. I’m hungry

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Well, I’ve started a 12 week competition with MrFC today to see who can lose the most weight/get into the best shape, so I may as well join in this as well.
    Mind you, we’ve taken “before” photos, but I wont be posting those!!! 😉

marsdenman
    Free Member

Foxy – what you and MrFC do with a camera in the privacy of your home is your business 😀
    TBH I think i’ll do the same, indeed I suggest we Clubbers all do that, but only for personal use!
    (And after tonights Thai Banquet has, ahem, passed through…..) 😉

ton

i would like to do this
    but
    i feel unwell once i drop under 20 stone. ;o)

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve lost half a stone over Christmas, despite eating half a Christmas cake in the last couple of days. Photo evidence of how bad I look at 12 stone on the beard thread.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I may be persuaded…

Foxy – if you need some moral support to get out drop me a line (addy is rob AT alpinist DOT co DOT uk). I am now ensconced in Ulverston, and could use both a good excuse to get fit and someone to talk to down here.

Life went really properly pear shaped a couple of weeks back so something to keep me occupied over the next few weeks would be a very, very good thing.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

RobS..YGM

xherbivorex
    Free Member

gonna take part in this i think. i need to get weighed first; not entirely sure what i weigh at the moment (somewhere in the region of 14-15st i think), but i need/want to lose probably 3-4 stone… yikes. not gonna be easy. but i’m determined to do it.
    i’ll send the email in a day or two.

redthunder
    Free Member

I’d like to loose about 800g for 2009.

from 77.8kg to 77.0kg

epicyclo

Hey, that’s not fat! It’s my long range fuel tank.

This forum’s getting too personal – there’s even a thread about front end flex.

Sandwich

I’m big boned!

LardLover
    Free Member

I’d like to join this year, but need to find some scales 1st. Will buy some and report in in a couple of days.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

I’m in, hopefully I can lose 1 1/2 stone before the Over the Hill Bike Ride in June.

Jamie
    Free Member

I am in again after going from 11st to 11st 7 in just over a week.

I almost have a sense of achievement about it 😐

p.s previous username jamieayres.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

Sandwich – Member

I’m big boned!

I’m just fat!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Think I am going to have to do this, am intrigued about what the scales will tell me when I get to them, it has been a while.

renton
    Free Member

count me in for this again!!!

i am 18 stone and need to get down to 15 for a start!!!

lets have it then

ton

i am 22 stone 3lbs as of this morning.

i think i will aim for 19 stone

takisawa2

I’m in.
    Thanks to Aldi & their bloody stollen.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Prize awaits the best weight loss at the Big Bike Bash if they attend (and remind me)

http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk/tickets.php

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

And just spotted that the website hasn’t been updated to the new ticket prices so you can still get them cheap until I can get my web magician to update it.

LardLover
    Free Member

I’m in, just emailed you marsdenman.

Only 7kg’s to loose 😕

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bu66er it, I’m in.

kinda666
    Free Member

I’m in too, 16st 5lb this morning :o(

Takisawa, i got some stollen from the German market in brum, loveley it is :o)

stoat

Can we have a STW get fatter club? For those who feel inclined to put on a few pounds (muscle obviously)..

miketually
    Free Member

Can we have a STW get fatter club? For those who feel inclined to put on a few pounds (muscle obviously)..

If you start it, they will come.

Surfr
    Free Member

email sent. I’m not sure 3 stone in 12 weeks is remotely possible, but we’ll see. The wife and I had a challenge set for 12 months from now but if I can do it or a large part of it within 4 months then game on 🙂 Less weight to drag around the Dyfi Enduro course in May then 😀

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Takisawa2 – your thin as a rake already, well you woz last time we got out for a niteride 😆

bikey
    Free Member

Can you count me in aswell. I have got a few events I want to do this year and need to be a stone lighter really!

Matt

Jamie
    Free Member

#
    takisawa2 – Member

I’m in.
    Thanks to Aldi & their bloody stollen.
    Posted 8 hours ago #

I still have one left to eat before Monday when i start my healthy living again :mrgreen:

Too_Punk_To_Funk
    Free Member

I’m in for what it’s worth. (email sent)
    No idea how realistic the target is just plucked what seemed like a reasonable figure based on my girth and the number of weeks. I guess time will tell.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ll play. Me and the Mrs do this most years but she gives in pretty early on. Is 2.5st possible in 12 weeks?

FoxyChick
    Free Member

So, am I the only girl in then??

Jamie
    Free Member

Probably. I think it is because us men don’t mind calling ourselves fatties.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘2009 STW Fat Club – Doors are open!’ is closed to new replies.