Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2009 Spesh SX Trail 2
  • mikey74
    Free Member

What do you reckon? The asking price is £1300 and it looks pretty mint (bought in 2010).

Edit: Should have said that I’m thinking of buying, not selling.

Northwind

What’s it for? Mine is a 2007 model and tbh I don’t like it at all… When it’s not jumping it’s just a lardy trailbike, doesn’t descend any better than my Hemlock does but pedals far worse. Does jump absolutely lovely though, so neutral.

But ymmv 😉

mikey74
    Free Member

It’s basically going to be used as a mini dh bike, plus some pedalling when I have to

Northwind

Mmm. Obviously mine isn’t the same frame, but that’s what I thought mine would be, and it didn’t work out that way.

Still, they’re good value and maybe you’ll get on with it better… I gave it a really high bar to meet so I shouldn’t be too critical. Give it a ride, if you can.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Where do you ride? My 2008 was perfect for Cwmcarn DH and anything jumpy that points downhill, pretty much what it was designed for. Mixed reviews on whether the old shape or new shape is best.

The problem for me with the sx is that it’s not a full on DH bike, but you don’t want to pedal it much either. This doesn’t mean it isn’t good, but it needs gravity on it’s side. Most of my riding is DH/ messing around on jumps with a little trail riding thrown in and my alpine 160 is spot on for this, Great on the downhills, but wont break your heart on a climb either.

mikey74
    Free Member

I live in the south-east and mainly ride dh trails, but i also go out to Whistler each year and ride Rogate, FOD an Cwmcarn when i get the chance. I have my hardtail for trail duties.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Probably a pretty good option for you then, I’m in the south east too, it is ideal for places like Aston, Rogate, Woburn etc.

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks for the input. I know people say “just go and get a dh bike”, but to be honest I just can’t justify a dh bike around here and the SX Trail seems the next best thing.

Do you think £1300 is good value? I comes with 36 TALAS forks (although I may sell these and stick some Lyriks or Vans on). I does look pretty mint condition.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I’m the same, my DH bike wasn’t getting enough use and was overkill for lots of my local riding.

Got any links to the bike? Price sounds okish. Talas are a waste of time on that bike, mine had air totems, but 180 vans would be good and are what it now comes specced with. I will post some pics of mine up later.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2009 Spesh SX Trail 2’ is closed to new replies.