Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 2009 rockhopper vs 2011/2012 carrera Vulcan/specialized hardrock/ voodoo Bantu
  • zingrock
    Free Member

Both around the same price, second hand, rockhopper has better spec but the newer bikes may be better condition so I’m not sure

Need your advice guys !!

acidchunks

Depends on which 09 rockhopper and how much use it’s had.

I had an 09 expert which was an awesome ride and very light for what it cost.

If you’re talking £400 then that might be considered a bit much for a 4 year old bike that originally cost a little over £800, unless its in extremely good condition with little wear on the components or if its had some upgrades/replacements

For example: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/specialized-rockhopper-expert-2009-19-for-sale-mint-condition

If I were you I’d avoid the carrera (they’re all shite) and the specialized in that price bracket are a bit pony, they ride nice but the componentry lets them down. I’d say this of the more recent rockhoppers as well tbh.

The Bantu seems like a good deal (at that price it’ll be a joe murray approved design, rather than one of his own) but you get shimano hydraulic discs and a 120mm travel airfork.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘2009 rockhopper vs 2011/2012 carrera Vulcan/specialized hardrock/ voodoo Bantu’ is closed to new replies.