Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 2009 revs damper upgrade or ?
  • deano8
    Free Member

My revs are in good cosmetic condition but could do with a service, they’re not that plush and not very forgiving over small bumps,remote lockout is faulty, tried a new cable and still doesn’t work.
    Is it worth upgrading the damper with the new motion control DNA damper or rct3?
    Are these compatible?
    I don’t want remote lockout any more ideally if upgrading the damper.
    So my question is, just service them, upgrade damper and service, new forks?

honourablegeorge

If I remember correctly what Loco told me a while back, the new RCT3 dampers won’t play well with a rebound damper that isn’t dual flow.

Suspect he’s be the best person to ask – I’d imagine the service might make all the difference.

deano8
    Free Member

Does dual flow mean dual air? Or is it completely separate to the motion control, ie-other leg?

LoCo
    Free Member

The rct3 damper will work with the standard rebound damper, but just not work to it’s full potential, so it’s a lot of money for a damper that is. A bit compromised by the rebound damper.
    A dual flow rebound damper and service will improve them considerably if 140mm travel, as this will stop them packing down on repeated ‘hits’ which is the main weak point of fork with that damping system

deano8
    Free Member

Thank you guys, I must make the decision whether to service or replace then:)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘2009 revs damper upgrade or ?’ is closed to new replies.