Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 2009 Revelation 426 Dual Air or 2010 Revelation Team U turn? For a Cotic Soul
  • TimothyD
    Free Member

They’d be for a Cotic Soul, and the only drawback with the Team forks would be the travel range going from 120 to 150, where as the 426 forks are more suited in travel.

Which would people reccomend?

Thanks,

bol

I had the 2010 revs you refer to on my Cotic and they were some of the best forks I’ve ever had. Just dot use the last 10mm. Much better and lighter than older revs in my opinion. Unless you’re going to race it, 120mm is an ideal everyday setting for a Soul.

blahblahblah
    Free Member

bol – Member
    I had the 2010 revs you refer to on my Cotic and they were some of the best forks I’ve ever had. Just dot use the last 10mm. Much better and lighter than older revs in my opinion. Unless you’re going to race it, 120mm is an ideal everyday setting for a Soul.

Agree 100%. I have my 2011 Rev’s set to 130mm on my Soul and I will be adding a spacer to reduce them to 120mm when I have to service the fork. 130s is just a little slow handling on the tighter stuff for my tastes.

Northwind

Is it the maxle or QR 426s? Maxle ones are fairly portly, they’re a funky Pike/Rev crossbreed.

The Teams are the best all round fork I’ve ever used, and do knock my old 426s out of the ring… But I did like having the 100mm option on my Soul, it’s not required but it gave the bike such a different character. Could go either way, not a simple answer.

I don’t think there’s any way to reduce the travel of the Teams, but you never know, someone might have sussed it by now?

TimothyD
    Free Member

I rang TF tuned shox and the answer was no about keeping the travel range but having it ten mm lower.

TimothyD
    Free Member

Did it make the Soul more lively/engaging on things like single track to have the 426s at 100mm?

LoCo
    Free Member

The 2010 teams as Blackbox damped and then replace the UTurn with a 150mm dual assembly spaced to 140 mm?

TimothyD
    Free Member

What would be the minimum travel Loco, and how adjustable would they be?

Thanks,

LoCo
    Free Member

Fixed at 140mm travel, but adjustable down to 120mm by adding a spacer internally if wanted. Or fit a 140mm dual air system whioch could be adjusted in the same way

Northwind

TimothyD – Member

Did it make the Soul more lively/engaging on things like single track to have the 426s at 100mm?

Not so much more engaging, just different… Some bikes just have one right setting, and everything else is for climbing or whatever but the Soul really does work at all its fork lengths, very nice.

Think I’d come down on the side of the Teams really. But like I say, not sure there’s a wrong answer. Adding the newer rebound kit to the 426s would bridge the gap I think?

LoCo
    Free Member

The 426 being 140mm? In which case the Blackbox dual flow rebound assm won’t fit (too long)
    You could add the 2012 DNA Moco in RLT or RTC3 spec. though. 😀

Northwind

Oh, bummer 🙁

TimothyD
    Free Member

In reply to Loco, aaarrgghh! Too many choices.

LoCo
    Free Member

Sorry 😳

drop me a mail and I can explain it all at length

brooess
    Free Member

I’ve got U Turn Revs on my 2010 Soul which takes up to 140mm.
    I use 140mm occasionally on rocky stuff, 125 for general singletrack a descents and 110 for uphill.
    I really like that adjustability

TimothyD
    Free Member

No prob. 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘2009 Revelation 426 Dual Air or 2010 Revelation Team U turn? For a Cotic Soul’ is closed to new replies.