Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 2009 Lyriks coil u-turns….thoughts, opinions & experiences
  • nwill1
    Free Member

As above, about to pull the trigger on a good condition 2nd hand pair….want them to stiffen & beef up my do it all hardtail.

Want to know about reliability as well.

jam-bo

Great forks.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

My 2009 Coil Lyriks are still running sweet.

Northwind

They’re fab… Better still if you remove the floodgate.

nwill1
    Free Member

Do they all have lock out?

nwill1
    Free Member

Northwind….I was asking about 2012 revs the other day & you replied, I know they’re different animals but do you think they are much better for all round aggressive riding….4x, mini DH, trails & xc?

Northwind

I’ve got slightly older Revs- same chassis but a few damping differences. TBH it’s a bit complicated to answer. The Lyriks are noticably stiffer, but personally I’m not all that bothered- I weigh 10 stone and I’m not that bothered by a little flex, as long as it’s not too much.

But, the lyriks do just perform a little better for harder use- more damping control, and mine are coil vs air in my revs. Which isn’t as big a difference as some would have you believe IMO but it’s still an advantage.

Also my bike just suits the longer travel- if there was a 160mm Revelation I’d have to consider it.

So no simple answer but they’re both great forks, very capable. I’ve never done 4x, for dh the Lyriks are more suited and I reckon the Revs wouldn’t neccesarily take too kindly to that sort of use all the time- they’ll do it but they’re not as sturdy. it’s goign to depend on how you do your dh to be honest! I’m not particularily hard on kit, or all that quick,ymmv.

nodrog2
    Free Member

Great forks. Mine are battered but still running sweet. Keep them clean and change the oil fairly regular and they won’t let you down. Remove the floodgate if you want better small bump sensitivity (see Pink bike for a guide on how to do it). Sure newer, more expensive forks might have more sophisticated damping but these are great forks if you get them for a good price.

robhughes
    Free Member

Yep…superb forks.My 2008 run like a dream.As has just been said look after the lube side of things and there bomb proof.

nwill1
    Free Member

Cheers guys, interesting, I’m not overly hard on kit, but I’d prefer to feel a bit over bike than slightly under I think, there is a lot of praise for them also with the lyriks would be suitable if I upgrade frame in the future.

If I get some will look at removing the floodgate too.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Lyriks aren’t the same platform as Revs…

they are much beefier. Good forks. Not light but very tough and fantastic steering.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Mine are now very, very dead.* But they were great.

*After a full 3 seasons of Alpine guiding!

Northwind

reggiegasket – Member

Lyriks aren’t the same platform as Revs…

Who said they are? 😕

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘2009 Lyriks coil u-turns….thoughts, opinions & experiences’ is closed to new replies.