Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 2008 Lapierre Spicy 916 BB/Cranks
  • jongoodier
    Free Member

I recently bought the above frame off here and I’m in the process of building it up. Has anyone any idea what BB and cranks I need to source? It looks like a pressfit BB with a 92mm shell (which I have found a few of on CRC & Superstar) but most chainsets I have looked at are 68/73mm. I don’t want to buy the BB until I know what chainset I have as the BB’s are specific – HT2 or GXP. Can anyone help? I’m a newbie to this bikebuilding lark and I’m now stuck…

Spin
    Free Member

Got one of these on my Zesty and I think it’s the same bb.

FSA BB

mtbtomo
    Free Member

You’ll just need the same crank as you’d use with a normal external set up, but will have to get the BB separately. The 92mm shell width is the same as the shell width of an normal threaded shell plus external cups. i.e. the axle is the same irrespective of BB set up (apart from BB30)

So any Shimano HTII crank (XT, XTR, SLX etc etc) will do, as will Truvativ, FSA etc. Just make sure its not a BB30 crank as the crank axle and therefore BB shell size are different.

robhughes
    Free Member

As above for the cranks but don,t use the shimano bb,s on a spicy.
    They last about a week. 😉
    This is because spicy,s leak down into the bb area and the shimano ones can,t take it.
    Here is on of the cheap alternatives to use or you can get the enduro ceramic ones if you feeling flush.
    http://www.burls.co.uk/shop/kcnc-bb90-pressfit-bottom-bracket-red-p-1148.html
    If you want all the info to do your build just join this load of reprobates 😀
    http://lapierreownersclub.com/forum/index.php

jongoodier
    Free Member

thanks for all of your help everyone. The build is back on and i’m ordering the next lot of goodies! Thanks again:-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘2008 Lapierre Spicy 916 BB/Cranks’ is closed to new replies.