Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 2008 fox talas rc2 or 2009 fox 36 r
  • Furious_george_ii
    Free Member

Which would I be better off buying? I can get either for around £600 is the hi lo comp useful on this fork, or is the 2009 standard 'r' version setup well enough?

Thanks in advance…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Your title is confusing, prehaps hense the lack of responses. Are they both Talas forks?, are they both 36ers?.You don't make that clear in your title.

I'm going to assume you are comparing a 2008 Fox36 Talas rc2 against a 2009 Fox36 Talas r.

If so, then you want the newer 2009 Fox36 Talas r. Honestly, the slow/high speed compression adjustments are for anal fettlers only, you'll probably never bother fiddling with them.

The improvements on the internals for 2009 (over 2008) are much better than having a few adjustments that you will probably never bother with.

I think the 2009 improvements were better brake dive damping and faster return to full extension from dropping the forks to 100mm/130mm settings. Much more useful, especially the faster return to full extension when making the transition between climb and descent.

The 2009 Fox36 Talas forks certainly got rave reviews in all the mags.

slowrider
    Free Member

yup, what he said ^

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘2008 fox talas rc2 or 2009 fox 36 r’ is closed to new replies.