Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • 2008-2010 Honda Civic Type R
  • hora
    Free Member

Look at the overall logic. BTW a few weeks ago I pulled into the overtake/merge lane at the lights at the start of a dull carriageway. My lane choice is worth noting as the lane that I chose was only 300ms long. Alongside me was a newish 535. I gunned the engine dramatically and floored it. He gave me 300ms then undertook me at a suitably crazy speed. 😆

chiefgrooveguru

300 milliseconds?!

Although the steering feel is somewhat lacking on my quick-ish Honda, it’s very accurate, the nose is satisfying pointy and the back end nicely throttle adjustable. The gearbox is almost perfect and it’s a lot of fun to rag down an empty B road drifting every corner, snatching the changes just before hitting the limiter (and overheating the brakes once this summer – doh!) but very chilled on long motorway journeys. A good diesel may be quicker much of the time but with that weight up front dulling the handling, the disappointing noise and the cost of servicing outweighing the mpg now I do low mileage, the economic case doesn’t outweigh the fun.

If I had a properly fast car I’d be even more annoyed by traffic and at risk of losing my license! The way the roads are nowadays it’s a bit like MTBing some of the best trails on the planet amongst ’90s Beijing style two-wheeled congestion, with fines being handing out if you land in the top 20% of Strava times. So to enjoy a car you definitely don’t need the equivalent of a 6″ FS enduro monster. A shame the Type-R was killed by emissions regs but it seems turbos are getting better.

Del

If I had a properly fast car I’d be even more annoyed by traffic and at risk of losing my license!

doubt it, at least that’s not my experience.
    anyway, all this talk of ‘performance cars’ WRT a hot hatch? whatever. buy something quick and take it to the track chaps.

the_lecht_rocks

Tat wink knows……..!

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘2008-2010 Honda Civic Type R’ is closed to new replies.