Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 2007 Magura Wotan, any good?
  • YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

I am looking at getting some new forks for my bike, I had some pike coil's and even with an X-firm spring they were too soft. Then i bought the 454 air version, they were great but not really burly enough. Now i am deciding between a Lyrik, Wotan or my favourite 36 talas rc2.

I have a 4'' travel Kona Bass slopestyle (freeride) bike and want to run these on it at 120mm, will they work properly like this? With the travel adjust I can use them on my Bullit if I want at more travel, this just makes them versitile.

My only real worry is that the wotan has no compression adjust…Hi or low speed. I weigh 14.5st and want to ride them for a bit of light DH and for drops etc, so really want a fork that will have a progressive stroke and have the ability to be run hard or soft, depending on if i am jumping or riding local DH/singletrack.

Can anyone give me an opinion? Cheers!

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

I had a set of 07 wooootans…not very impressed. No low speed compression and the albert select is rough when on. I hear they have solved this all for 2010, but i wouldnt consider one without a ride. Also, the travel adjust seems to work differently to the fox, so when in low travel mode they're really soft.

For 09 fox have added some damping! I have a set of 09 talas r and they feel superb compared to 07/08 36s. If it were my money i would be looking for some 09 float/talas (r or rc2) and get some travel spacers (if you look to a float).

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Stuart thanks for that. That is exactly what i was thinking. I know the travel adjust system is similar to a manipoo ones. They were always way to soft.

Thanks!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘2007 Magura Wotan, any good?’ is closed to new replies.