Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 2007 Anthem opinions
  • oxnop
    Free Member

I have been on the look out for a HT to compliment my burly built Blur LTc – something to ride when partaking in a spot of general XC 😳

I have been thinking about cotic souls, Ti456's etc but im thinking for much less money id be able to pick up a nicely specced older version Anthem.

Have any of you got any opinions on the 3.5" Anthem 1 from around 2007/8.

Am I being stupid or should I just buy a HT?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

There's a favourable review of the 2008 90mm travel anthem in an old ST mag. It won a comparison test with a Kona HeiHei, a Tomac Carbide, a Litespeed Seewanee soft-tail and the Iron Horse Azure.

It was apparently very responsive and fast. I think the quote was something like: "Arguably the best bike Giant have ever made"

faint
    Free Member

I've a 2007 Anthem and I think it's a great bike for xc.
    As I'm shying away from xc now it currently running 100mm forks, 90mm stem and riser bar and it still goes like stink.
    I might be prepared to sell my frame if your interested ?
    http://www2.giant-bicycles.com/en-GB/bikes/mountain/159/15155/?collections_id=2

milesey
    Free Member

@faint,

and apologies to oxnop for hijacking his thread :oops:, but I'm very keen to buy an Anthem frame in size large. What size and spec is the one you have?

Cheers,
    milesey.

faint
    Free Member

i've the one as the link above.

milesey
    Free Member

If it's a size large, can you tell me what would be included with regards to seat clamp, post, front mech. etc and how much you're looking for?

Cheers.

chakaping
    Free Member

I had a 2007 Anthem Zero and it was a spectacularly fast bike, handled brilliantly and was really light and stiff.

The angles are a bit on the steep side, but I didn't mind that at first as I came to it from an old-school XC bike.

Once I bought some more modern MTBs though, I found I kept going over the bars on the Anthem when riding technical bits. That's the only reason I sold it.

Still definitely one of the best bikes I've ever ridden.

ace_sparky
    Free Member

I have a 2008 Anthem that I built up a while ago, I wanted a light weight short travel full suss for marathon xc use. It has got to be one of the fastest bikes I have ever ridden, especially up hill 😉

Very fast handling though, takes a while to get used to especially going down 😯

Dasha
    Free Member

Brilliant bike.

foggy
    Free Member

I love my '08 Anthem, short travel, steep angles and all! Never gone over the bars even once so not sure the bike is the cause there! It's fast, light and sharp handling which makes it great fun and much more comfortable than my hardtail.

dickie
    Free Member

I bought Chakaping's Anthem, I was so great I sold it & bought the carbon Advanced version which was just a fantastic ride. However after a while I found the medium size a little cramped, & a large would have been to big for me at 5'11", so I sold it & got a Turner DW Flux.
    If it wasn't for the sizing I would still have the Anthem Advanced but always found myself trying to push myself off the back of the saddle despite a 100mm stem & layback seatpost.
    But no regrets, the DW Flux is a great bike.

FuzzyWuzzy

I had an 07 Anthem but found the head angle a bit on the steep side (think was 73 degrees), it's great for twisty singletrack and climbing but I always found it sketchy on steep downhills, more of a case of hanging on rather than feeling in control (and yeah I went over the bars a few times :p ).

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I had an '08 Anthem 1 & loved it, sold it & bought an '09 Anthem Advanced full carbon version & it's even better! One of those bikes you just want to ride & ride & never sell.
    Head angle is steep, fitting a 100mm travel forks does wonders though.

faint
    Free Member

milesey
    sorry out all day yesterday.
    I'll sit down in the garage tonight and go through my options.
    Worst one being what am I going to replace it with.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘2007 Anthem opinions’ is closed to new replies.