Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 2005 Cannondale Prophet – will it explode in a fireball and kill me?
  • RustyNissanPrairie

Have been a hardtail hooligan for years but fancy a bit of squishness for an upcoming Welsh roadtrip which will take in BPW, Coey-Y-Brenin and Anton Staniog.

Currently riding an Evil Sovereign chromoly frame with Marrzocchi 55CR’s, usually ride with rad and gnarr turned upto 11 and beyond. Have ridden pretty much all forest/bike parks including Anton Staniog previously on my Evil Sov and live a mile from Lee Quarry so quite familiar with giving bikes a good beating.

I’ve recently picked up a 2005 Cannondale Prophet with a DHX air shock for small change. The frame is in pretty good nick with no dents and judging by the QR/serrated hub nut marks on the drop pouts hasn’t done much.

The problem is that Im used to heavy/confidence inspiring 6+lb chromoly frames – stripping the paint off this Cannondale doesn’t fill me with confidence as it doesn’t weigh anything!

Not going to be doing the full on Black routes at BPW & AS and I don’t jump much-I’m more wheels on ground and plough through but im a bit bothered at the back of my mind that this frame is going to live upto the crack-n-fail reputation and I might be better off sticking it back on evilbay and take the Sov.

Any thoughts?

kiwijohn

The Prophet is a good choice. Solid & simple.

kilo

great bikes was out on my old hack one this week, keep it in fr mode.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Did the mega on mine, very capable

mindmap3
    Free Member

Great bikes that’ll take some stick. Get it built and enjoy it.

The only downside to them is that they have pigmy top tubes.

jonnyrockymountain

Superb frames I had an 06 one for 12 months last year, pretty bomb proof, can’t actually remembered why I sold it, I think if they brought a 650b one out they would sell like hotcakes, a lot better than 5’s

Kuco

One of the only frames I truly regretted selling.

RustyNissanPrairie

ok-build it I will. If it explodes and kills me I’m coming to back to haunt you all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘2005 Cannondale Prophet – will it explode in a fireball and kill me?’ is closed to new replies.