Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • 2003 Rover 75 1.8 conny.
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Any good,any problems?How much would. you pay for one with 80000 on the clock.Cheers.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Guess its an Audi then.

project
    Free Member

beutiful car and cheap, some are very prone to overheating, and i nearly bought one , the folowing week rover went bust, no wonder the garage where offering such a great deal.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    parkesie
    Free Member

As much history as you can get and budget for a head gasket and full timing belt coolant pump and tensioner change. Id maybe put a grand into one if i was after something to match my pipe and slippers.

elzorillo
    Free Member

Had the diesel version (BMW Engine).. lovely car. Very well made. Solid. Reliable. Wish I’d kept it. Petrol models have problems apparently.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Go for the 2.0 diesel, its got a BMW lump in it. The 1.8 is a rover k series not a lot of torque to pull a car that size and prone to head gasket failure if its an early one. The engine doesn’t hold a lot of spare coolant so when they go it goes quickly. Later ones had addressed the gasket problem apparently. Don’t know if the 1.8T is the same engine. Cost me 400 quid to have the head and gasket done with new water pump etc on my 216 si. One of the best cars we’ve had as a family.

carlosg
    Free Member

avoid Rover 75 + mg ZT with 1.8 petrol engines, it’s not a case of if but when they have a head gasket failure! As mentioned above the diesel is the best engine but the 2.0 and 2.5 v6 variants are pretty good (if a little thirsty).

I’ve had a diesel 75 tourer for the last 6 years and love it. It’s comfy on long journeys has lots of toys and is fairly economical (42mpg urban/55mpg motorway) and with the back seats down I can put my DH bike in without removing wheels.

all the variants of this car have some little problems but they were vastly under rated and maybe thought a little grey in a pipe n slippers way when they were being produced.

Most of my repair info comes from here –> http://forums.mg-rover.org/forumdisplay.php?f=90

jonahtonto
    Free Member

as above the head gasket WILL fail on petrol models. if you go for it change the thermostat for an aftermarket one that actuates at a lower temp.
    oh yeah and if the battery goes flat or gets disconnected and the immobiliser kicks in you cant get the code to release it since rover are gone.

i wouldnt unless its cheap enough to be disposable (£300?)

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Bit worrying all that.Pity,lovely looking car for the price.With lots of toys attached.Anything similar available for the price or just above?Cheers again folks.

mightymule
    Free Member

Re Head Gasket – find out if it has had a new one fitted, and if so, whether it is the modified gasket. If it is the modified one, then it shouldn’t blow again.

killwillforchips
    Free Member

What’s a conny?

parkesie
    Free Member

Connoisseur

Old rover with a side board gradfather clock and leater button back chairs.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I’ve done a HG on the K series. The replacement modified HG was about £30 and it was a doddle to fit. Ran great after this.

Yes, it’s a grandad car but they’re actually quite nice and relaxing to drive.

If it’s cheap I say get it.

carlosg
    Free Member

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/rover/75/postcode/ts11aa/radius/100/sort/default/fuel-type/diesel/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew

This is an autotrader search for Rover 75 diesels within a 100mile radius of TS1(guessed from your posting history) , I don’t know your budget is but you’ve been looking at these for a while and posted a few months back too.

They really are a nice place to be on a journey , get one with a full service history and you should be fine.Ignore all the old man/pipe n slippers jokes , these are the people that are most suprised when they actually get into one rather than repeat what they’ve heard about them.

hora
    Free Member

You’re abit scattergun OP. Do you know what you want?

fizzicist
    Free Member

Have a look at an X Type touring – bit smaller, similar age and kit. Much more reliable.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Less frames and no old banger hora.The sane approach to life. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

I drive a one year old car.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Can the imboliser code not be read from the ecu if you plug it in to a diagnostic thing
    Works with some landrovers and use the Lucas alarms same as lots if rover products
    Rover 100 mg stuff and the like

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

That would be just right for you.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘2003 Rover 75 1.8 conny.’ is closed to new replies.