Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 2001 Space Odessy
  • alexxx
    Free Member

… owes me 3 hours of my life.

WORST FILM EVER apart from possibly 20 minutes of HAL 9000 but I’m going to disregard that as Moon homaged the best bit and made a proper film out of it.

Kubrick must have some serious shares in glue

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

As for most of Kubrick’s output….I love it!

[granted it does go a bit mental towards the end]

globalti
    Free Member

Don’t forget that there was a general public fascination for space travel in 1968 and computers were pretty unknown too.

You know all about it nowadays so it won’t quite have the same appeal.

kimbers

I disagree with the OP

Junkyard
    Free Member

one of the most overated films
    Dull imho

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

One of my favourite films

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

amazing film, even moreso when you consider when it was made.

deluded
    Free Member

Apart from Eye’s Wide Shut, 2001 SO is my least favourite of Kubrick’s work. Ambitious and advanced for 68 but nonetheless boring.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Don’t forget that there was a general public fascination for space travel in 1968 and computers were pretty unknown too.

Plus an entire generation spending the weekend on various methods of spaaaaaccciiiing ooouuuuttttttt…

Not that I know anything about it, naturellement.

uwe-r
    Free Member

How many films from pre 1970 are still watchable let alone entertaining. SO is still a half decent film 12 years past the date it was set and 45 years after it was made, in that context it is brilliant and one of the best films ever made. Out of context I accept it is a bit long and at times dull.

zippykona

What are you doing Dave?

arrpee
    Free Member

Hands up if you spotted Leonard Rossiter.

RealMan
    Free Member

… owes me 3 hours of my life.

WORST FILM EVER apart from possibly 20 minutes of HAL 9000 but I’m going to disregard that as Moon homaged the best bit and made a proper film out of it.

Kubrick must have some serious shares in glue

+1 million

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Haha, I agree. I’ve got it on my computer. I think I watched it a few years ago, but Ive forgotten most of it!

Watched The Prestige again last night, that was pretty good. Followed by Secrets of a good marriage, which was even better.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘2001 Space Odessy’ is closed to new replies.