• This topic has 55 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • £2000 Robaix Disc or Diverge Disc?
  • wilburt
    Free Member

Fixing up my mates caad8 tonight and have decided it’s probably the perfect commuter. If I won the lottery I would swamp the world with caad8s.

davosaurusrex

Whyte Cornwall looks nice

jacob46
    Free Member

Cornwall is gorgeous in the flesh. Seen it last week at pinarello Birmingham.

Jamie
    Free Member

So have you decided yet?

jacob46
    Free Member

Jamie, specialized phoned me yesterday to say they have 2 roubaix discs coming in next week. Once built they will ring me so I can view it.

I’m doing the ride 100 Sunday that Mark Cavendish is doing. Wish Ide got a roubaix to do it on. Also if anything ever happens to my tarmac the roubaix will easily take over and do me proud. If I was to choose CX bike it couldn’t do sportive events like a roubaix could. Well that’s my opinion. What’s your look on that Jamie?

aP
    Free Member

If I was to choose CX bike it couldn’t do sportive events like a roubaix could.

Not true.
    A CX bike will be perfectly capable of doing sportives. A friend of mine borrowed herself’s CX bike a few years ago and rode the Dragon Ride long route in a time within the top 10% of riders. and it cost less than £1k too.

Jamie
    Free Member

What’s your look on that Jamie?

If you like the Roubaix, and not fussed about the cost, then go for it.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’d get a Defy. That Cobble Gobbler seatpost… even the name makes me feel a little queasy 😕

Jamie
    Free Member

I’d get a Defy.

Which seem unusually good value for 2015. £1400 gets you a full carbon frame with full 105 and TRP Spyres.

…makes their CX bikes look pretty shitty value/overpriced in comparison.

Not available till Jan/Feb, tho.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/BZFGsoT.png[/img]

jacob46
    Free Member

Thanks Jamie,
    You never know if I prefer the comfort of the robaix I could end up selling my tarmac.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Blimey, pretty good that.

TiRed

That Defy Advanced frame is £1000 alone, and rides like it. I’d wait for one of those and get your order in fast. The non-disk version was Bike of the Year.

jacob46
    Free Member

can you put mud guards on it? and i dont mean them race blades.

jacob46
    Free Member

this is well nice!!

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/284980/products/giant-defy-advanced-1-2015-road-bike.aspx

when is it available? i need one asap

TiRed

There are no eyelets on the carbon Defys. So you can’t fit conventional guards. I use Raceblade Longs on all my road bikes and these don’t touch the frame. I don’t know if the Raceblade Long stays will clear the disk brake on the Defy, and the frame is not drilled for a rim brake, so you you will probably not be able to mount the brackets. They won’t fit anything bolt-through either because the stays fasten to the QR axle.

Giant may update their “Defy” mudguards, which fit the alloy frames fine, but I suspect not.

Another nail in the coffin of disk brakes on road bikes 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

when is it available? i need one asap

November, but some dealers seem to have the odd size in stock. Wheelies/Tredz seem to have a M/L already.

…makes their CX bikes look pretty shitty value/overpriced in comparison.

To go back to my own point, I would love to hear from Giant on what is going on with that pricing. £100 more for a carbon frame. Half tempted to wait for one myself….

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘£2000 Robaix Disc or Diverge Disc?’ is closed to new replies.