Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • £2000 for full suspension
  • backmarker
    Free Member

Or should I go for a good quality hardtail? I’m confused relative newbie to mountain biking! No mad downhills just trails

nickclift
    Free Member

If ya fancy a good quality full Sussex for £1,000, I just happen to have one for sale

Bucko

£2k gets you a very good quality hardtail! Have a look at Bird Aeris to see what it could get you in full suspension, you’ll be surprised

andymc06
    Free Member

Will you take £600 cash. I’ll collect tomorrow……

CheesybeanZ

On one Codeine
    Bird Aires
    whyte T129

zero-cool
    Free Member

Depends what you want. YT Capra’s are great bikes and great value for £2k upwards.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Other than Bird – you will really struggle to beat the YT Capra.
    Can only really compare them to where Cube where a few years back – nothing else comes close to the spec list at that price.

chakaping
    Free Member

Where do you live? Where will you be riding? What are your mates on?

bensales
    Free Member

£2000 will get you my 2015 Orange Five Pro currently located in the ‘For Sale’ forum 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

£2000 is alot of money. I don’t think I’ve never spent that much on a bike (this year I came close). I’ve been mtbing properly since I was 9….

I’d halve your budget and get a mint second hand hardtail.

Leku
    Free Member

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/norco/sight-carbon-73-2015-mountain-bike-ec073040

Norco Sight Carbon 7.3 2015

carbon frame. XT bits. £2100.

gorillainthepeak
    Free Member

I have a YT Capra (AL1) as mentioned above and would definitely recommend it – 160/165mm travel so quite downhill orientated though it does climb well.

Winstanleys have a Whyte G150 for sale at £1999 – not sure what size you are as it’s now only available in Small (http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/73749/Whyte_G150_S_SCR_2015_Bike). I test rode one last year and was very impressed.

I wrote a blog on current sale bikes on offer a couple of weeks ago, not sure if they’re all still available but there’s quite a few on there around your budget:

January Sales

jam-bo

That bandit on the classified for £800. If I didn’t already have one I’d buy it…

prettygreenparrot

I got a canyon spectral 7.0EX for not much more. I like it.

mike399
    Free Member

As said above, i’d be looking at good quality second hand for half your budget (unless you have money to burn!). You admit to being fairly new to mountain biking and the chances are you may need to ride a few bikes to realise what suits your riding/terrain. By buying good condition, tidy secondhand you will minimise any financial loss if you change bike… just make sure you dont pay over the odds for an obsolete bike!

backmarker
    Free Member

Thanks very much for all your brilliant posts funnily enough I was looking at the Capra at £1600 but with PayPal costs (£65) the box you have to buy and the p&p the extras £100 seemed like money wasted! I also liked the look of the Aeris. I will as you say have to try some bikes out!

backmarker
    Free Member

Gorillainthepeak brilliant website!

markshires
    Free Member

The new boardman fs pro looks pretty good spec for £1500.

Personally I have a Aeris and it’s great.

gorillainthepeak
    Free Member

Cheers Backmarker. Good luck with the new bike search – it took me around 4-5 months to come to a decision last year.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Paul’s cycles Cannondale Jekyll orTrigger

james
    Free Member

“I’m confused relative newbie to mountain biking! No mad downhills just trails “

Where do you live?
    Where do you currently ride, what do you want to ride?

No point getting a 160mm+ full suss if you’ve no difficult trails to test it out on. When you say you won’t be riding Downhill tracks too

tom200

I’ve just got a canyon spectral al 8.9 130mm 29er. It’s pretty epic for the money. I’ve just finished setting it up tubeless and going 1×11 and it weights in at under 13kg with pedals.

Wherever you live this would be a good bike!

northshoreniall

Just got a 2015 Whyte T130 from Bikescene for £1699 yesterday – good level do it all bike fairly universally well rated. No huge difference to 2016 in my mind but £600 cheaper – happy with 2×10 and rev fork.
    AS above need choose based on where live/ ride. I did consider YT and Canyon but like idea of having bricks and mortar shop to go to if any problems.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘£2000 for full suspension’ is closed to new replies.