Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • £200+ on pedals?
  • portlyone

Anyone here use pedals that cost north of £200 like the Syntace NumberNine’s on the Fresh Goods?

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve got some on my sunday best road bike, didn’t pay £200+ for them though.

edhornby

ye gods no, the law of diminishing returns definitely kicked in on these even if they are very nice.

M520s are my friends 🙂

honourablegeorge

Still not as outrageous as Park charging FORTY POUNDS for that pick set.

njee20
    Free Member

Anyone here use pedals that cost north of £200 like the Syntace NumberNine’s on the Fresh Goods?

Not flats, but I have carbon/ti Keos on the road bike, and Egg Beater 11s on the MTB. Not like they really wear out.

Why?

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m still wondering when one started ‘hurtling’ a set of wheels.

Edric64
    Free Member

MTB pedals have never cost me more than 20 quid

tomhoward

I’ve got some on my sunday best road bike, didn’t pay £200+ for them though.

this

jools182
    Free Member

I know someone who most probably has spent that much

portlyone

Not like they really wear out.

Why?

Just seems like a lot of money for pedals. I can’t help but think that if when I win the lottery I will upgrade loads of bits that I don’t really need to but can. I still won’t buy £200s worth of flat pedal.

teamslug
    Free Member

Guilty 😳 eggbeater 4ti’s…that was before the recession and no they havent fallen apart. I have 4 pairs going on my bikes and never had a problem…guess i’m lucky

andysredmini
    Free Member

A friend has some syntace on his nomad. Lovely pedals but they haven’t lasted well. They started creaking after a few months that led to the lbs changing the bottom bracket twice under warranty. He gave up trying to stop it and carried on riding. Turned out it was the pedals. They had loads of play and creaked with a similar noise to a knackered bottom bracket. He is unhappy now as you need an expensive special tool to inject grease in to keep them running nice.
    He loves them but I doubt he would buy them again.

njee20
    Free Member

How can you love an item that fail in basically their sole duty? Do you mean he feels duty bound to like them, because they were expensive, but they’re actuslly shit?

andysredmini
    Free Member

He likes the slimness size and weight but not the durability.

noltae
    Free Member

I thought a ton was extravagant enough for flats ..

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I’ve got some Twenty6 Prerunner pedals, they were not cheap

butcher

^ They look dangerous.

Jamie
    Free Member

^ They look dangerous.

Coming to a shin bone near you.

Caution: Contains gore.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

DR, there’s a great bar right by where Twenty6 are based.

I love Bozeman. What a place!

Njee,

How can you love an item that fail in basically their sole duty?

Says the man with Eggbeaters, pedals which regularly fail in that they need way too much servicing, rebuilding, etc. Get some Times on there.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Brooklyn Machine Works Shinburger – i had these, cost a fortune back in the day, really heavy, naff all grip in the wet

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Pick set for about £40 going rate,

njee20
    Free Member

Says the man with Eggbeaters, pedals which regularly fail in that they need way too much servicing, rebuilding, etc. Get some Times on there.

I chuck a new set of bearings in every 2 years or so, total cost £6 and 15 minutes of my time. Never broken a set or had them fail in any way. I can live with this. Not sure what constitutes “too much servicing, rebuilding, etc”

I did snap the body on a pair of Carbon Keos, which was irksome.

imnotverygood

sole duty
    Geddit? Snigger

Dibbs
    Free Member

I saw a thread the other day asking if Garmin Vector pedals would be available for MTB’s. £1300 makes those above look like a positive bargain.

njee20
    Free Member

But unfair that though, Vectors are rather more than ordinary pedals.

mindmap3
    Free Member

£200 for a set of pedals is pretty outrageous.

I can’t spend more than about £50…all of mine get get mashed on rocks. I think it’d bug me if I had some posh pedals that spent their life hitting rocks etc.

But if you’ve got the cash, hey ho.

Dibbs
    Free Member

But unfair that though, Vectors are rather more than ordinary pedals.

Definitely, but would you use them off road?

MrOvershoot

mindmap3 – Member

£200 for a set of pedals is pretty outrageous.

I can’t spend more than about £50…all of mine get get mashed on rocks. I think it’d bug me if I had some posh pedals that spent their life hitting rocks etc.

But if you’ve got the cash, hey ho.

^This^ I have an upper ceiling price for components and though I could afford to go above it just can’t bring myself to do so!
    Might have something to do with Yorkshire/Scottish family mix 😉

davosaurusrex

I’ve recently bought a pair of vault brendogs for £75 which is the most I’ve ever spent on pedals. As above pedals always end up battered. I feel the same way about expensive cranks, always fancied a set of XTR but always run XT

njee20
    Free Member

Definitely, but would you use them off road?

Of course.

nach
    Free Member

I borrowed a bike for today with those exact pedals on. Didn’t notice any difference to the nanos I usually ride with.

downhilldave

Guilty, 😳 Got two pairs of these one blue one grey. Both with Ti axle’s ➡

Not quite £200 tho.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘£200+ on pedals?’ is closed to new replies.