Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • 200+ miles a week and I'm getting fatter – I blame the missus
  • ourmaninthenorth

170 miles aggregate commuting, 60+ miles at least one day on the weekend (often 2) and I'm fatter than I was three months ago.

I blame Mrs North being pregnant and her constant desire for carbs. It's got nothing to do with me being a greedy fatty. Oh no.

😥

miketually
    Free Member

Sympathy belly?

I'm doing 25 miles a week commuting and one big ride a month – 200 miles a month is a good month.

I have to eat chips and chocolate for lunch, and drink beer every night, to keep above 11 stone.

ourmaninthenorth

Sympathy belly?

It's the only answer. It's definitely nothing to do with me eating biscuits and cake and chocolate and all sorts of other junk food.

I have to eat chips and chocolate for lunch, and drink beer every night, to keep above 11 stone.

You lucky, lucky ba…. 😀

(But I bet you don't drink Robinson's Unicorn)

miketually
    Free Member

You lucky, lucky ba….

It's genetic. Or a tape worm.

maxray
    Free Member

but 200+ miles a week! You must be eating alot of cake to not be in calorie deficit. 😕

BigJohn

Fatter or heavier? Big leg muscles weigh a lot.

ourmaninthenorth

Or a tape worm.

Can I borrow it for a bit….

oldgit
    Free Member

Wait until the missus starts cooking kids meals, they're so yummy and they always leave some, which of course you can't waste.

LoCo
    Free Member

😆 Just starting to shift the stone I gained over the course of my wife's pregancy and first two months of new babyness, being sat in front of a computer for the last 3 months doing stuff for the business hasn't helped either. Cutting out the beer seems to make the most difference 😯

ourmaninthenorth

Fatter or heavier? Big leg muscles weigh a lot.

Fatter. Lard is growing round my belly.

Legs are already big – classic squat build.

ourmaninthenorth

Cheers oldgit and loco – you've effectively told me I'm doomed now. 🙁

Right, better set about shifting this before the nipper arrives in August.

I'll have to listen to my own maxim: eat less, move around more. I can't do much more moving around, so the food has got to go.

"Dear Food

It's been good while it lasted, but really I need some space. In my clothes.

I'll be in touch later in the year when the sleep deprivation kicks in and micorwave meals are the only answer.

Love and Kisses

Mr North(ern Hemisphere)"

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not being funny but you really must be putting it away!

maxray
    Free Member

What do you eat of a day?

LoCo
    Free Member

Nah, your not doomed, like you said just eat less. I have had the most stressful 6 months ever with baby and business setup and not much time to exercise. So eating a bit less with the amount your riding will soon sort it 😉

barrykellett
    Free Member

I've experienced unprecidented weight gain when going from a 8 mile a day commute to a 37 mile a day commute.
    My theory is that unless you do it every single day, your new eating habit of getting the extra calories in really takes its toll on you on the days you dont cycle. So basically you have to cycle the distance every single day or just eat 2 parsnips and a carrot all day long.

I'm averaging over 200 a week at the minute and havent even started doing weekend leisure miles yet this year, I managed to lose a half stone over a few months by conciously eating much much less than usual. Its all the snacking on Jaffa Cakes etc that do the damage

ourmaninthenorth

I know what the culprits are:

1. Junk food – I have a sweet tooth, so end up feeding off biscuits etc.
    2. Bread – I seem to have taken to this again, and have been eating toast at work in the morning.
    3. Convenience food – just laziness, and I can't say I even enjoy it
    4. Beer – this is a sad one. I hardly drink, but have recently got a bit of a taste back for ale.

So, less of all of the above (esp 1-3) should see me right.

EDIT: just seen Barry's post – quite..!

BigJohn

Hunger is your friend.

yossarian
    Free Member

Or a tape worm.

Can I borrow it for a bit….

i once pulled a tapeworm out of my bottom

ourmaninthenorth

i once pulled a tapeworm out of my bottom

Some things just don't need to be shared…. 😯

adam5555

how hard is your commute? If its quite flat and your just going along steadily you probably wont be using up that much energy and I take it the 1 day 60 miler at the weekend is on the road.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

My wife's due soon, she's so round now, but I'm getting slimmer as she's stealing my food.

hora
    Free Member

Ourman' I was the same. It took me a while to realise. Put on some normal jeans and realisation.

Funnily mrshora 10weeks on is now within 5lb's of her pre-pregnancy weight (she was a size8)…….but Im still struggling…..grrr pregnancy is hard on us men 8)

miketually
    Free Member

I was the same. It took me a while to realise. Put on some normal jeans and realisation.

You're not supposed to wear the missus' maternity trousers…

hora
    Free Member

It was actually my sisters jeans for my fakinger commute 😀

ourmaninthenorth

how hard is your commute? If its quite flat and your just going along steadily you probably wont be using up that much energy and I take it the 1 day 60 miler at the weekend is on the road.

Only a couple of mild lumps in the middle of the commute. Have been riding it at a tempo pace generally, so not completely slacking off but not battering. Did a chaingang last week as part of the ride home.

Weekend riding is on the road – tend to ride hard (either chaingang, or fast ride with intervals thrown in). Now Mrs North is quite preggers, I've tended to restrict riding to once a weekend. Last Sunday was 70 miles in the Peaks.

hora
    Free Member

200miles+ a week…..

Mines 30miles total commute a week 😆

marsdenman
    Free Member

Funnily mrshora 10weeks on is now within 5lb's of her pre-pregnancy weight (she was a size8)…….but Im still struggling…..grrr pregnancy is hard on us men

you'll be fine once you and your new boots hit the line dancing club 😉

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘200+ miles a week and I'm getting fatter – I blame the missus’ is closed to new replies.