• This topic has 23 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • £200 for a bag, wow…..
  • woody2000

Well, £195 actually but £200 sounds more dramatic 🙂

ACRE backpacks. Can a bag really be “worth” that kind of cash?

http://www.stif.co.uk/mtb/product/acre-the-hauser-14l-hydration-backback-black/12240

lemonysam
    Free Member
    bradley
    Free Member

You seem to get your money’s worth with that big mountaineering sack. £195 for a camelbak is a feking joke.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I thought that too!

I had seen a few articles on line and thought they looked interesting so I had a look at the Stif website when I got an email to say they were in stock. I decided to pass very quickly.

Seems like an awful lot of money when it is going to get wet and muddy and probably left to fester in the garage between rides.

cubist
    Free Member

Surely there is a fundamental error with that Mountaineering pack in that it is white.

gavstorie
    Free Member

I thought the Evoc packs were expensive… but thats just crazy..

superfli
    Free Member

From what I read on here, I expect they will do quite well

dragon
    Free Member

Mistake surely? That’s mental otherwise.

fasthaggis

Camelbak Hawg NV RRP £120

Camelbak Military Linchpin Backpack RRP £175

Do they ever sell for that ?

woody2000

I suppose it is waterproof! But then I chuck my stuff in a cheap dry bag inside my regular bag if it’s pissing down.

nuke

Relative to my wife’s love of Mulberry handbags, they seem relative affordable 😐

rOcKeTdOg

I’ve got two, but I hate packs so never use them

dirtydog
    Free Member

Inflate the rrp then in a few weeks sell them with a large % discount and suddenly they become a bargain.

gobuchul
    Free Member

That mountain rucksack is made out of Dyneema. That’s where the cost is.

nibby
    Free Member

I was looking at one of these in Stif last time I was there, it’s a well thought out pack, light and seems well built but the price put me off.

I’ve just ordered an Osprey Raptor 14 which seems pretty good and well thought out, although not waterproof I’ll stick a cover over it if needed.

Like everything though, there will be a market out there for a backpack at this price or they wouldn’t have brought it out.

It will be interesting to see if they are reduced after a few months though.

zoo200
    Free Member

My wife wants a mulberry handbag, I think they are around £900….

DrP

My wife got a mulberry purse. That cost more than any cash I’ve ever carried in a wallet…..!

I doubt she ‘gets’ my bikes either!

DrP

zoo200
    Free Member

Women eh? Can’t live with em…. Can’t kill em, etc etc

cookeaa

It does look like a well thought out product, with some nice features and quite a bit of cost in the materials but you can’t help thinking this is another Yank company that just puts a ‘£’ sign infront of their home market ‘$’ RRP and thinks we’re stupid enough to pay* it…

For reference $200 USD = ~£120 at present, would that seem reasonable to many of us? list price for a 16L POC VPD 2.0 Spine is apparently £150 but they seem to be selling for ~£100 online mostly.
    If that’s really the market they’re after then the price need to come down by about 45-50% at least…

(*someone will be no doubt…)

ichabod
    Free Member

If you want a waterproof one try alpkit at £22.50! https://www.alpkit.com/products/gourdon-20

molgrips
    Free Member

I suppose it is waterproof!

So are plastic bags and they are only 5p.

xiphon
    Free Member

Mrs xiphon’s collection of Radley handbags makes my wallet cry every time I see them….

portlyone

I was out with a friend, window shopping when she saw a jumper her sister might like, no prices but when she asked me I guessed at £30.

I was wrong by a factor of 10… ouch 😯

MSP

It does look very well thought out. Too rich for my pocket, but it does look like a very comfortable backpack. If you are someone who goes mountain biking for 2-3 hours a few times a week after work in winter carrying your workwear, and do some bikepacking, then I can very much see the point over something like the alpkit gourdon, which I found to sit very badly and is just basically awful.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘£200 for a bag, wow…..’ is closed to new replies.