Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 20" tyres
  • daviek

My daughter has as close as damn it went through her small block 8 tyre on the back of her Isla bike so I’m looking for something new. My plan is to swap the good front small block 8 to the back and stick a tyre with some more volume on the front as even over small bits of rocky track she gets bumped all over the place.
    I was looking at the conti explorer but keep reading that the side walls are easy to tear.

Any alternatives? Or just chuck on the conti and get on with it?

tomlevell

The bigger small block 8. I think you can get them in a 2.1″
    They fit the front fine but not in the back of Beinn 20 smalls.

And skids are for kids and are ace.

northernmatt

I put Continental Explorers on our Beinn 20. He hasn’t damaged them yet and he rides his bike daily.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

We had 20″ Conti Explorers on our Bheinn for a couple of years and they were fine. Did various downhill runs at Saalbach/Leogang with no punctures at all an no damage to the tyres.

I think they’re really good on the Beinn

daviek

Cheers for the replies, I couldn’t see the small block 8 in a bigger width.

I shall Google some more and then maybe ask her what she fancies.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve fitted Schwalbe Blackjack to my lads 20″ frog and they seem to work just fine and dandy, they’re the kevlar guard ones and we’ve got about 7 or 8 psi in them.

jonathan
    Free Member

What Tom said – sometimes hard to find but well worth it. Significantly bigger volume than Explorers. Explorers were standard fit on the original Beinns – have lasted ages.

pictonroad

I’ve used Michelin Mambo 20×2.1 on my boy’s bike. They have a really large volume and he can run the front at silly low psi, great on the bumpy stuff.

akira

Schwalbe Black Jack is quite a good front tyre, pretty robust and a reasonable size.

daviek

Thanks again for the replies, she fancies the Black Jacks and at £7 a pop its worth a shot.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘20" tyres’ is closed to new replies.