Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 20" disk wheels
  • alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Can anybody recommend a set of decent not to heavy disk 20″ wheels?

I have spare hydro brakes for sons Hotrock, but struggling to find any decent looking wheels.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Build some?

martinhutch

I ended up building a front wheel for my girl’s 24 inch bike to put on a disc-only fork. Be prepared for the brake grab OTB moment which will follow shortly afterwards though.

Why do you want to do it? Is it just a random fettle or are the rim brakes not doing the job?

poah
    Free Member

my boys bike came with discs – spank do 20 inch wheels if thats your thing. If you really must put a disc on it then I’d just rebuild the wheel with a disc hub

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Raleigh do an off the shelf 20″ disk wheel, product code RGH724. Ask your LBS or Halfords to order that product code from the RaleighB2B sight and job done. It’s got a standard bolt axle but would be easy enough to convert to QR if you really needed to.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Thanks all, will take a look at the Raleigh one.

I dont fancy building my own. I have been putting my old spares on his bike and found the brakes. His rim brakes are working fine but Im sure he will be OTB with the upgrade. He had a few OTBs with the rim brakes on his CNOC16

ultracrepidarian
    Free Member

20″ wheels with Novatec disc hubs can be had from Aliexpress.

willyboy
    Free Member

Taylor wheels do them.

I think you can get them direct (from Germany), but they also have an eBay shop too. There not too expensive either.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘20" disk wheels’ is closed to new replies.