Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • 2 x10 bashguard options
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

What are you using?

I want the chain-ring sizes of the 2×10 but the option to fit a bashguard like you would in place of the big-ring on a 3×10.

Talk to me… 🙂

Swayndo
    Free Member

MRP XCG … that’s all.

tonyd

I’ve got a 36T E-Thirteen Turbocharger on a Middleburn crank with 34/24 rings (couldn’t get a 36T middle ring on) and a 9 speed cassette. Works well for me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    plyphon
    Free Member

I have an e13 Turbocharge also.

Expensive. Looks good (arguably the best). Weights nothing. Still expensive.

Probably wouldn’t buy one in my current situation but when I was particularly flush with cash it was a good piece of bling.

patriotpro
    Free Member

You mean like this? http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k627/a99719/turbocharger-bashguard-165mm-36t-black.html

I take it that would need longer chain-ring bolts?

plyphon
    Free Member

Yeah, unless I’m wrong I think all plastic bashguards do. Not sure about metal ones.

I think these are the bolts i used:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=46947

JoeG
    Free Member

I just got an M980 XTR, 26-38. I put on a 40T RaceFace bash. Since the bash is larger, I had to raise the front derailleur, and I do get some chain rub. Chain also seems to rub on the bash when in the outboard most gear combos. You can hear it as the bash is Al. 38s seem to be made by no one!

I also considered the E13 Turbocharger, and think that it may not make noise in the higher gears since its plastic. I’m kind of regretting not trying it.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Cheers for the link plyphon.

Joe G I looked at the Saint tacho-style bash but the need for an adaptor and ensuing possibility of gaff put me off.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Also this is worth a look for larger bash http://bbgbashguard.com/Mountainbike.html

thered

MRP XCG or MRP X2

JoeG
    Free Member

I did contact BBG, but they were out of stock in the 38s and weren’t going to get them in for a while. And they only make them in plain, not the nice looking drilly one that I wanted!

perthmtb
    Free Member

I got the Turbocharger, and it certainly looks the biz. However, the plastic is real thin round the chainring bolts, and after clunking the thing on a couple of logs/rocks the plastic has split at all four bolts. I replaced it with an aluminium Blackspire instead, and although it doesn’t look so gnarr, stands up to the punishment better. By the way, the Turbocharger comes with longer chainring bolts, at least mine did.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Hope bashguard. Weighs very little, has proven remarkably robust, looks great, comes in different colours
    Linky

mojo5pro
    Free Member

blackspire c4 is a good one.

smatkins1
    Free Member

That e13 one won’t look so good when those little holes are full of mud.

I’ve given my blackspire one a good bashing and it’s proving to be unbelievably tough

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=12167

Comes with the longer bolts you need too!

nickc

Also use the Hope one. Looks a bit thin, is in fact pretty robust

chakaping
    Free Member

I may be wrong, but it looks like most of the replies here are suggesting standard bashguards – which won’t fit on a 2×10 chainset along with two chainrings will they?

Do you have ISCG tabs on your frame OP?

tonyd

Doesn’t sound like the OP has a 2×10 chainset, I read it that he has a triple and wants double and bash on it.

JoeG
    Free Member

smatkins – I thought that the turbocharger had some sort of metal inserts around the bolt holes to prevent this. Is that not the case?

eggshellblonde
    Free Member

Theres a new hope one out which is outer ring and bashgurd combined. looks nice.
    Integrated bash ring(IBR)null

Edit- just spotted 1x set up.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Chakaping – yes iscg tabs and I was dubious that the bashring suggestions were 2×10 compatible… 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

did you already look at taco-style bashguards?

had one on a dh bike and it seemed to do the job perfectly well

patriotpro
    Free Member

Yes chakaping, coming from a 32t w/bashring the only concern with a taco was clearance over obstacles… False concern?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘2 x10 bashguard options’ is closed to new replies.