Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2 Weeks to get fitter – Any point?
  • flamejob
    Free Member

I have taken the place of someone on a Megavalanche crew; the idea being we ride three days in Les Arcs then head up to Alp D for the carnage.

In previous years I made a bit of an effort to get above average fitness, but with no warning this year I have had no chance.

So the point is; Make an effort? Is it really worth it, or will I just knacker myself prematurely?

Onzadog
    Free Member

two weeks can make a difference but it’s also the ideal time span to overtrain if you go silly.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Intervals for the next ten days. No more than 30 minutes a day. No long rides unless they’re very low intensity. Rest the final 4 days.

Too late to work on base fitness.

nickc

loose some weight? usually makes a difference…

flamejob
    Free Member

Scienceofficer
    Intervals for the next ten days

Round and round Richmond Park on road bike any good? Steep…. flat… steep… flat etc

nickc
    Loose some weight? usually makes a difference…

I weigh 63kg.. do I need to loose any more? 😉

flamejob
    Free Member

I wasn’t sure about this interval business so went hard then rested until breathing was normal then back to hard etc..

This seems to back it up.

Tell you what though.. those road riders; what a bunch of twonks.

grumm
    Free Member

I am wondering about the next couple of weeks – for the last 3 months or so I have been doing normally 2 decent rides a week, plus riding to work, and the odd bit of running and climbing. Also started the 100 pushups thing a week or two ago.

Just wondering whether to keep this up right until I go or try and chill out a bit. Have been feeling pretty knackered a lot of the time.

flamejob are you doing the Mega on your Pitch (am I right in thinking you’ve got one too?)

shoefiti
    Free Member

“”I weigh 63kg.. do I need to loose any more? “”

the mega avalance is downhill isn’t it – you got plenty of time to put on some weight, i can put on 5kg over christmas no sweat. Have a few christmas dinners, a few extra units of booze every hour and a Terrys chocolate orange, that’ll speed you up on the decents!

stratobiker
    Free Member

I wasn’t sure about this interval business so went hard then rested until breathing was normal then back to hard etc..

This seems to back it up.

Tell you what though.. those road riders; what a bunch of twonks.

So, you don’t know whether you can improve your fitness in two weeks, then you weren’t sure about interval training so you made something up, then you call road riders twonks?

How are they twonks then?

SB 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2 Weeks to get fitter – Any point?’ is closed to new replies.