Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2 Spacers (BB content)
  • LoveTubs
    Free Member

Just been Youtubing (in light of other main problem) and it would appear that if your bike has the clamp style front mech then the BB needs 2 spacers.

I do not think this is the route of my main problem as bike never has had 2 spacers..just the one.

But, is this info correct?

Cheers

andrewh
    Free Member

My choice of the number of spacers (2 on one side, 1 on the other) was determined by the length of the axle on the cranks. Would love to be able to get rid of the 2 (non-drive side)

d45yth
    Free Member

1 driveside for a 73mm bb shell, 2 driveside and 1 non-driveside for 68mm bb shell. 🙂

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Do you mean an ‘e-type’ mech? If so, you wouldn’t use a spacer at all on a 73mm shell and only 2 spacers (1 drive side and 1 non drive side) with a 68mm shell.

rs
    Free Member

or two driveside if you have blackspire stinger interfering with chainrings.

albash82
    Free Member

How about if u had a 73mm bb shell & a bb mount stinger …. Say… On an orange 5 with raceface cranks… What would you do then?

rs
    Free Member

I have two drive side, none other side, bullit with stinger, seems to work fine don’t notice any issues.

edit: just seen you have a bb mount stinger, dunno but try and put as many as you need between stinger and bb to give clearance.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

How about if u had a 73mm bb shell & a bb mount stinger …. Say… On an orange 5 with raceface cranks… What would you do then?

Usually I’d say the same as a BB Mount Mech (e-type), which would mean no spacers on a 73mm shell – but never used one so couldn’t be sure?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2 Spacers (BB content)’ is closed to new replies.