Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 2, possibly 3, job interviews this week… Wish me luck!
  • mboy
    Free Member

Hopefully I might be gainfully employed again sometime soon!

Gotta go up to Brum on Tuesday afternoon for one interview, and down to that London on Wednesday for another job interview. Also waiting to hear back from a company in Gloucester as to when they want to give me my 2nd interview (told me they wanted to, just weren't sure when yet) which they said would probably be this week too…

So busy week for me this week!

Hopefully something is gonna pay off, though I'm expecting there would be 2nd and 3rd interviews to follow (if asked) on the 2 confirmed interviews I have this week, which of course prolongs proceedings somewhat… All a step in the right direction anyway!

rOcKeTdOg

bon chance!

jedi

good luck dude

molgrips
    Free Member

How long have you been on the bench? Good luck too.

cinnamon_girl

Go for it but don't mention you ride bikes 😉 Good luck!

monsta
    Free Member

Good luck. I've just got a job in Cirencester, having left the Cotswolds for a job in London and discovering the commuting to work by train wasn't as good as by bike…

mboy
    Free Member

Been on the bench for almost 3 months this time. Was on the bench again though from Nov 08 – Apr 09 also! 2008 and 2009 were not the best it's been fair to say…

Cheers all for the support. Too late though C_G, Mountain Biking is listed as a hobby on my CV! Was a good ice breaker at my first interview with the Gloucester company though, as the hiring manager there is a keen Mountain Biker too…

RichPenny
    Free Member

Good luck man. The mountain biker ratio in my department is up to 40%. Got told off last time, "not another bloody cyclist!" They always seem to be the best candidates 🙂

Karinofnine

Good luck

mboy
    Free Member

First Interview down… And well…

Was REALLY heavy going… Pretty much an hour of questioning about a "hypothetical scenario", testing me for the way I'd approach the problem, and what I'd do to try and sort it.

Was told they'd let me know within a day or 2 as to whether or not they want me back for a 2nd interview, which would hopefully be within 10 days should I be successful…

90 minutes after walking out of the interview, I had a phonecall… "Congratulations, you've made it through, can you make a 2nd interview this Friday?" 😆

Anyway, just a mere 6 hours or so in a car tomorrow (trip to South London and back) for an hour long interview for another job, then Manchester (sadly they can't do 2nd one in Birmingham!) for my 2nd interview after today's interview… And then Gloucester next Wednesday now for 2nd interview for a job I was interviewed for weeks ago…

And in amongst all that, I've had a couple more calls about potential other jobs, including some very well paid contract work!

FINALLY, it's all starting to piece together! Now if only they'll give me a month's pay up front too, then job will be a goodun! 😉

luke
    Free Member

Well done, it's nice when things start to look up.

mboy
    Free Member

Ain't it just! :mrgreen:

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Good luck mate! 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘2, possibly 3, job interviews this week… Wish me luck!’ is closed to new replies.