Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 2 ply normal or UST minions on stans flow rims for morzine?
  • adammada
    Free Member

just wondering if it is worth paying the extra for UST, stans website says the have tested maxxis 2 ply normal tyres and there fine but does anyone have any experiance? I have stans flow rims with 3 raps of yellow tap and a valve.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I've got 2 ply High Rollers and Wet Screams on Flow rims and they work fine. I'm using the rubber rimstrip though which helps but they should go on and work well.

allthegearandnoidea
    Free Member

Don't do UST in the alps!! Dual ply all the way. Did the mega in 2007 with dual ply 2.35 high rollers and xc tubes got no punctures.

The next year did it again on the same bike with 2.5 UST high rollers and got two punctures in two different ust tyres and wrecked the bead on one tyre after a day so it wouldn't seal again.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

I've done 3 trips to the Alps UST with no issues at all. I did the Passport last weekend and once again no problems while other tubed riders I was with had a couple of pinch punctures.

MarkN
    Free Member

I have been running Maxxis single ply high rollers with Stans and not had any issues. I will be taking them to Morzine as well and expect them to be okay.

doug_basqueMTB.com

I run single ply non-UST minions as tubeless up front. I don't ride in the alps but have plenty of full on 1000m descents that are as tough as anything. They worked fine for a few months but now are worn and I've ripped the sidewall slightly. I ran them about 30psi but had no burping for most of the time I have used them.

I'll buy another set and do the same again.

stevomcd
    Free Member

I run dual-ply UST Minions and High-Rollers for guiding in the Alps all summer long. Since I started running this combination 2 years ago I have never had a puncture. Not one!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Was wondering if I could get a way with single play and tubes this year, dual ply are just so heavy and expensive…

dasnut
    Free Member

don't do tubeless in the alps

pah.
    2.5 UST super tacky minion front (on the front), 2.5 UST 60a minion front (on the rear), the choice of champions

high rollers are so 2005….

spw3

I've been using 2.35 and 2.5 UST tyres for about 5 years in the UK, Alps and BC. Only ever had one puncture. Your mileage may vary but I would stick normal USTs on and stop fretting about it. Take a spare tube though!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘2 ply normal or UST minions on stans flow rims for morzine?’ is closed to new replies.