Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2 phones same number?
  • Caher

I have a new phone which now takes a nano SIM which means I won’t be pulling the SIM from my old phone and putting it in the new. Does that mean I can use two phones?

johnners
    Free Member

Yes, of course you can use 2 phones but they can’t have the same number simultaneously. If you want to be able to switch quickly between them transfer the number to a nano SIM and get an adapter for the other phone.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Depends how useless your provider is.
    If they are clued up, they will deactivate the old SIM a minute or two before the new one starts working.

If they are useless there will either be a week long gap or an overlap. One is extremely annoying, the other makes your phones (both of them) behave really really weirdly.

Cougar

If you get a new SIM, when you transfer your number to it the old one will stop working.

wwaswas

I always thought not but my wife’s iWatch thing has the same number has her phone, will ring when she’s out with her phone and her watch is at home (and you can answer on iether the watch or the phone) and make outgoing calls using her normal number.

It’s clearly *possible* but I think EE are the only ones that currently offer it.

(plus I imagine they’ll cancel the old SIM as soon as the OP’s new one is used).

kelvin

Looking at the iwatch for just this reason, would rather have a small tough second handset on the same number, but this looks like the only option currently.

zilog6128

I always thought not but my wife’s iWatch thing has the same number has her phone

the Watch has an eSIM not an actual SIM card, it’s specifically designed to work this way. Yes only EE offer it at the moment unfortunately.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2 phones same number?’ is closed to new replies.