Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 2 or 3 hours at airport before flight?
  • manitou
    Free Member

Off to the US. do I have to be at the airport 2 or 3 hours before my flight?

djglover
    Free Member

No, as long as you check in before it closes. then also wait for the final call before boarding, as everyone will be sat down and you can just go straight to your seat.

samuri
    Free Member

Depends how keen you are to get on the plane. If you’re going cattle class and to somewhere popular then expect a long wait while you get interrogated at the UK airport. This will of course be nothing to how long you have to wait at the American airport but that’s a different story.

If you’re going business class then you’ll walk straight up to the VIP desk, get checked in in two minutes, hang around the VIP lounge for an hour being massaged and sipping PIMS before walking past everyone else in the queue and relaxing into a huge seat with masses of leg room and your own telly.

i miss businessclass.

manitou
    Free Member

Hey Dj, has your sprog been born?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Samuri, it is rather nice isn’t it? 8)

samuri
    Free Member

Aye. And now my company has said no to any more business class because the directors were abusing it, they can sod off if they want me to go back over there. Unless they’re flexible about return times and bike shaped packages in my luggage.

djglover
    Free Member

Hey Dj, has your sprog been born?

Twins, 2 girls Al

manitou
    Free Member

eek! congratulations!! 😀

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Doesn’t make any difference where you are flying to. Leave enough time to feel comfortable, having checked in and got your boarding pass on line. Personally I never check anything in, even if I’m going to the US for a week, so always get in the queue at the gate a bit early to make sure I get space for my wheelie bag in the overhead bin

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Just bear in mind you need to fill in a lot of APIS information about yourself before you fly to the States these days – ideally do this online to save you a bit of hassle, but bear in mind there’ll be a few numpties who don’t and it’ll need to be done on check-in so you may get a fairly hefty queue at the desks.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I thought the APIS was still filled out on the flight, breatheasy? Certainly was on my last two trips.

As to the timescale, I always like to arrive very early to be honest and would always prefer to check luggage in and then fly with smaller hand luggage. Far less hassle to lug things around.

That said, I tend to arrive a couple of hours before a long haul, just to make the most of the lounge!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘2 or 3 hours at airport before flight?’ is closed to new replies.