Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2 night road cycling holiday – UK or Europe – Ideas?
  • damo2576
    Free Member

Thinking of doing something this summer, don’ t mind where, for a couple of nights due to time limitations.

Any ideas? Anywhere with good road riding and near enough for a 2 night trip is a possibility.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

GIve us a clue where you are based may help? Northern France? WAles, Scotland?

cynic-al
    Free Member

No way would I have the hassle of flying anywhere with a bike for a 2-nighter.

As above, where are you and where interests you…I’d olnly dfo a couple of hours on the train.

MSP

Just for 2 nights, I would choose a classic climb like Ventoux or alpe d’huez.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Ventoux or alpe d’huez are a long way to travel for 2 nights. Do you have access to a car? How much do you want to spend? There are some gorgeous routes around Wales or the Highlands which would be ace for 2 nights. are you touring? You going alone? Need a tad more info for people to help you!

damo2576
    Free Member

Based in London, so can fly easy, or train also. But sure, UK easiest…
    Have car also, would be 2/3 of us.

MSP

Chunel to Brussels, drive to Vosges, be there in about the same time it would take to drive to the lake district.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Yup it is only 1 hour from Calais to get to Bruges but i’d probably stay more NOrthern France

crikey
    Free Member

Ferry to Dunkirk or Oostende, cycle to Gent, night in Gent, ride back to Bruges, night in Bruges.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2 night road cycling holiday – UK or Europe – Ideas?’ is closed to new replies.