Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2 levers, 1 caliper
  • poltheball
    Free Member

Anyone done it? Thinking about popping tri bar extensions on the frankenbike for a longer commute over summer, but want to have easily accessibly brake levers as well as the usual ones out by the grips. Currently using cable disk brakes from standard tektro cheapo levers.

I basically need some form of junction box to take 2 cables in and output a single cable to the caliper. I see there is one on the market that costs an arm and a leg (problem solver), but I’m looking to spend less than £20 ideally.

Anyone done anything similar with a budget of notverymuch?

tjagain
    vincienup
    Free Member

CX bikes have long used a similar configuration to get braking on the top as well as in the drops before hoods became an accepted position…

Cross Tops at Wiggle

pdw
    Free Member

Do you really want to be braking when you’ve got your weight that far forward on the TT bars?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Pdw +1, did your dentist suggest this?

poltheball
    Free Member

Hadn’t thought too much about it; guess I’d rather have the option of grabbing a fistfull of front and diving over the bars than hitting whatever I was trying to avoid

pdw
    Free Member

You’d do better to lose a fraction of a second getting onto the tops so that you can steer properly and brake harder.

I know from an encounter with a pheasant that you get off TT bars very quickly when you need to.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Hadn’t thought too much about it; guess I’d rather have the option of grabbing a fistfull of front and diving over the bars than hitting[b] superman into[/b] whatever I was trying to avoid

poltheball
    Free Member

Haha fair enough! I’ll give it a whirl without an extra brake lever. Cheers!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2 levers, 1 caliper’ is closed to new replies.