Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 2 in five Beko washing machines explode
  • mrsfry
    Free Member
    mrblobby
    Free Member

It’s not 2 in 5 Beko washing machines though.

deadkenny
    Free Member

I need to see a spectacular video of one exploding else it didn’t happen.

Daily Fail’s video of the tumble dryer catching fire is pathetic also. Didn’t catch fire, just a bit of smoke coming out of it. Totally undramatic despite their claim.

I’ve had a number of PCs do that when their caps go bang in the PSUs. A bang and smoke but house doesn’t burn down (not yet).

bruneep

Explode? I doubt that very much.

mrsfry
    Free Member

But the internet said ‘2 in 5’ are you saying the internet lied to me 🙁

mrblobby
    Free Member

The internet said that out of the few hundred reports they’d had about washing machines from many manufacturers, two fifths of those reports were for Beko machines.

oldnpastit

But the internet said ‘2 in 5’ are you saying the internet lied to me

40% of all internet facts are actually untrue.

shermer75
    Free Member

The Internet is true 70% of the time, every time

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Ordered.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Got 5 just to be sure

Cougar

But the internet said ‘2 in 5’ are you saying the internet lied to me

2 in 5 would be 40% of sales.

The report you linked to says, “Which? research has uncovered hundreds of cases of washing machine glass doors exploding – and two in five [of those] are Beko machines.”

Assuming the report to be accurate, there are 2.6 million washing machines sold in the UK each year.

Of those, “hundreds” have broken doors. Let’s split that in the middle as it’s not specific and say 500 have broken. So 500 out of 2,600,000 machines fail (which is generous as I’m assuming failure in the same year, could be a several years old machine). 500/2600000 is, rounding up, 0.02% of machines. That’s slightly different from 40%.

If was assume the average lifespan of a washer is five years, then the failure rate of “hundreds” is in the thousandths of a percent.

enfht
    Free Member

I’ll only believe this when it’s in the guardian.

rickon
    Free Member

My 10kg Beko Washing Machine is chuffing amazeballs. Had an LG direct drive one before, but this is far better, incredibly quiet, takes a huge load, and lots of useful settings.

Hope it doesn’t self destruct.

EDIT: The likelihood is bonkers small: “out of more than three million washing machines sold by Beko since 2010, there have been 115 reported incidents, less than 0.003%”

That’s less than the percentage of Orange Five frames failed last year

mrsfry
    Free Member

None of you lot are invited to my kitten slumber party 🙁

Well my Beko keeps on bursting into flames

Ignore the fact it’s a Beko cooker, it still flames (this proves my internet point)

runs off to eat cake in a bathtub full of tears 🙁

bruneep

JohnClimber
    Free Member

What a crap head line

The washing machines don’t explode, just their glass doors.

My Beko washing machine in the garage that I use for my cycling gear is set at 30 degrees.
    I can’t see how slightly warm water will cracking/explode the thick glass door.

If you read the article that’s a massive 0.003% ….. “Exploding washing machines” how very Daily Mail

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘2 in five Beko washing machines explode’ is closed to new replies.