• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by mrmo.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 2 Ice Cream Vans?
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Working at home today, and the SECOND ice cream van has just come up the road.

According to my weather station it’s 3.6 degrees outside, and falling.

Bet I’ll not see one for months in the summer!

project
    Free Member

When i was a kid an ice cream van used to come up our cul de sac, then one day another came at the same time,the first one rammed the second one and the police where called, the driver got a big fine, and it was the start of an ice cream war between rival firms.

Oh and Margret Thatcher developed the technology for Mr Whippy ice cream when she worked in industry,before she destroyed the country and its industries.

rewski
    Free Member

You sure they weren’t Jason’s Doner Vans? A nice kebab to warm you up.

MussEd
    Free Member

Fronts for drug dealers. A la glasgow in the 1980s. Your neighbourhood is doomed. Better dust off those old Bombers…

Torminalis
    Free Member

Fronts for drug dealers.

Oh really? That’s useful to know.

I remember a gangsta landlord of mine when I was a nipper used to have an ice cream van, our house collectively ended up owing him over £500! I avoid ice cream vans in Bristol to this day.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh and Margret Thatcher developed the technology for Mr Whippy ice cream when she worked in industry,before she destroyed the country and its industries.

The process involved expanding the ice cream with air, thus requiring less ice cream to fill a cone, and increasing profits.

Then she snatched the milk from the little kiddies.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

We have around 5 ice cream vans round here each day. I am in agreement that they are fronts for drug dealers.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Wow I had a sheltered upbringing, never heard that before! When I were a lad the ice cream van belonged to the postmans mum, 10p Bikers/Space Invaders were damn addictive tho….

project
    Free Member

“99” with a reefer then, instead of a flake.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I am in agreement that they are fronts for drug dealers.

Yeah, but in fairness, you think every member of the public is about to attack your child. So hardly someone renowned for their great judgement…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I think it’s just ice cream, to be fair, not class A!

spooky_b329

We get one every weekend now, even through the depths of winter.

I’m sure there was a film a few years back that featured ice cream vans used by dealers? A quick google has failed me so maybe it was a book I read…

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I get half a gram of coke from my ice cream dealer every Wednesday.

Or is that 2 litres of Coke?

geoffj

Mmmmm screwballs!

mrmo
    Free Member

i have an ice cream van come past my house every day around 4pm, kids buy ice creams. When it was cold before christmas it still came everyday and kids bought ice creams!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘2 Ice Cream Vans?’ is closed to new replies.