• This topic has 25 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Sam.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • 2 hours on the rollers, will I die?
  • marvincooper

Playlist sorted, just about to go stare at the wall for 2 hours. Woo. Hoo.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Only of boardom & a sore arse – I can only manage about 50 min before I need to step off

richardk
    Free Member

A knight of Sufferlandria will do 12 hours. MTFU.

stumpy01

I stick a dvd on the laptop. Still only manage an hour on the turbo though before having to call it a day…

guitarhero
    Free Member

Managed an hour and a quartet on the rollers earlier. Was going for an hour and a half, but numb nuts ended play.

stratobiker
    Free Member

You’ll be fine until you get off…

Then, dying for a drink you’ll reach for the tap and that is when the build up of static will release itself and you’ll be ZAPPED!!! 🙂

carbon337
    Free Member

DOne 2h 7mins ealier. Quite boring.

Theres talk of 100mile indoor roller challenge for charity next weekend. Thats gona be fun.

Solo
    Free Member

Had the roller about a month now.

Love’m !. I can zip through 23 miles in an hour of radio.
    🙂

Solo
    Free Member

Then, dying for a drink you’ll reach for the tap and that is when the build up of static will release itself and you’ll be ZAPPED!!!

Err. I carry a water bottle on the bike and drink as I would were I out on the road.
    🙂

Skillz innit !.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Makes me laugh how folk will happily sit for hours on the sofa but ‘die of boredom’ after an hour on the turbo.
    It hurts. Deal with it or don’t.
    IWBMATTKYT

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Thing is I’d much prefer to be out on a bike rather then sat in 3m sq room – I have been using both the rollers & Turbo a fair bit recently, ‘cause the local trails are so wet, muddy and the weather is relentlessly crap – and while I can happly sit on the road bike in relative comfort for 7hr – once I get over about 40mins I’m very uncomfortable & beginning to do tissue damage.
    That said, a well target session need not last more then 40 – 50min – a particular fav on the rollers is a cadence pyramid – increasing from 50rpm to +100 rpm – cracking work out – great for smooth peddling, speed endurance, and core conditioning

fervouredimage
    Free Member

That said, a well target session need not last more then 40 – 50min – a particular fav on the rollers is a cadence pyramid – increasing from 50rpm to +100 rpm – cracking work out – great for smooth peddling, speed endurance, and core conditioning

Pretty much exactly what I do on the turbo. Works a treat for me. Roll on summer.

Solo
    Free Member

Souplesse ?.

😎

marvincooper

Well I’m not dead 🙂

Pretty good workout and not too boring in the end, set up laptop and watched 30 mins of Senna before switching to the Guy Martin TT film. Did the last 45 mins of that with the sound down and my music on, doing random intervals – one track easy, next track hard, repeat.

Only got rollers for Xmas so all new to me but certainly glad I’ve got them.

scratch
    Free Member

Got 2hrs lined up for the morning, done it a few times, weirdly the first thing to go was my hands, probably holding with a death grip as I’d not long had them.

Tried to make it a bit more interesting this morning learning to ride no handed…I can go down the clubhouse with them then, take my jacket off while riding and look pro…. :o)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

90mins yesterday was tough, mostly due to the level of the workout. Just went to the same random brain place when I’m out solo on the road bike really….

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I did 2hr 15mins today, 2 x 30 mins at threshold plus warm up and cool down. Was brutal! 3hrs to do tomorrow though…

I did nothing but rollers for about 10wks, learnt all the tricks plus my pedalling technique / efficiency is tons better. I love them!

marvincooper

10 weeks!!! really? Why?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Can I see these roller setups please.

marvincooper

Not got any pics of mine, but basically its in the garage, next to a bench for wobble-security and with the laptop in front of me on top of two tool boxes, plugged into a couple of speakers. It’s freezing in the garage but I don’t half work up a sweat out there.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I use my rollers all year round for specific sessons. Granted more in the winter when its minus 10 out and covered in snow. However I still do one session a week on them even when its plus 20 and dry out.

They just save so much time and hassle.

hitman
    Free Member

Do people find that rollers are suitable for intervals of say 90%FTP?
    Obviously it depends on their FTP but wondered if generally they can be used for more than spinning or tempo rides?
    cheers

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I use mine for all my intervals including tabata, 800 watts is doable if your techniques up to it. I do have the Elite ones with resistance though, howevrr i only have a 42 tooth chain ring, so those with a 53 would get a good workout even on normal rollers

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Double post, damn iphone

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Hitman, i’ve got the blue tacx rollers (but on monday my elite ones with resistance will be back, yay)…I can hit Z5a (out of 7 zones) on the tacx ones in 53:12, rpm of 100-110. So yes, its possible, just need to spin faster! Ones with resistance much better though.

Sam

Hitman – it depends on the rollers. Smaller diameter give more resistance and some have facility to add resistance. I think for real high resistance threshold workouts they are better accomplished on a turbo.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘2 hours on the rollers, will I die?’ is closed to new replies.