Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2 Hours in Orkney
  • BlindMelon
    Free Member

So I’m in Orkney tomorrow with work and will have a couple of hours to spare, what should I do?

somafunk

Skara brae, ring of brodgar, skail house, highland park distillery, pick one but you’ll have to nip round pretty quick, thankfully traffic jams are non existent.

Personally i’d do skara brae, then skail house (right next to it) followed by a quick 5 mins run round the ring of brodgar then sit down in the middle for 5 mins, contemplate where you are, what you’re doing with your life, where you want to be, how to achieve that then finally a shopping spree in the distillery, should be just about doable in under 3 hours.

mu3266
    Free Member

Batten down the hatches?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Search out the Italian Chapel?

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Soma if I can answer all those questions sounds like it will be we’ll worth it!!!

I’m partial to a Highland Park so that’s a good idea, will read up on the other suggestions

somafunk

BTW, I spent a week there a few years ago in the middle of winter, in a one man tent, with proper storms and rain,hail,sleet,snow etc..etc. and it was one of the most amazing places i have ever visited, i did absolutely nothing the entire time but walk about or cycle around and just sit….for ages, here….there…..anywhere. I’d go back t’morn, dunno what it is about the place but it seemed to calm something in me and thinking back about the place now reminds me i need to go back soon.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

I think you find that with islands, a slower pace and time to talk to people. It’s a pity I can’t stop longer but if I like it I suppose I can go back. I wasn’t looking forward to the flight yesterday but its settled a bit now thank goodness

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Maeshow.

Although with 2 hours, assuming Kirkwall Airport – I would dive into town and mooch about Tankerness House museum (very good) and the Cathedral. Not really enough time for the distillery IMO.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Capt yeah Kirkwall airport

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2 Hours in Orkney’ is closed to new replies.