Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • 2 hours 26 minutes
  • oldmanmtb
    Free Member

That’s how long it took my other half to get ready to go to the local pub last night – it’s only a jeans and shirt establishment full of local yokels – spent further 10 minutes in car park doing her “eyes” the people we were supposed to meet had left at which she was quite surprised and I was called a t**t for pointing out we were 1 hour 50 minutes later than she said we would meet them – this drives me nuts!!! Current estimate over 30 years of marriage I have lost 8.5 months of my life to this sort of thing

richmars

May I suggest two options:
    1 Tell her the wrong time, one that is 1 hr 50 minutes early.
    2 Go on your own.

After 30 years you should know this.

TheFlyingOx

over 30 years of marriage I have lost 8.5 months of my life to this sort of thing

What’s your secret? I’ve lost 8.5 months of my life to this sort of thing since the start of this year.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Difficult to say you are meeting some people at the pub on Friday afternoon at 4.10pm when the aforementioned establishment is not open until 6!

My tolerance/hope things will improve have swung equally in the opposite direction as I get older – hence the 30 year know better thing does not work.

Only 8.5 months over 30 years has been kept under control by reading a book while waiting

Sandwich

She didn’t want to meet them and engineered it so that they got bored and went home.

Can’t live with them, can’t kill them. (Also a 30 year veteran).

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Nope her friends not mine…
    You can kill them, I am nearly ugly enough to not get bothered in jail

richmars

I see the problem with the times. You will just have to change all the clocks in your house!

scaredypants

It’s a control thing, innit, and you don’t have to go along with it. Mine does it but it’s a few minutes rather than a couple of hours – **** that!

Could you have cycled over & told her to follow in the car when she’s ready?

Or else tell her that if she’s not ready within “x” minutes of the arranged time, you’ll be finding something else to do and she can go on her own (especially if it’s her friends and you don’t really want to go)

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Scardeypants you married?

xico
    Free Member

I bought my ex-girlfriend a bike as she expressed a desire to ride with me. She was actually in great physical shape and took to riding from the start and we had some great rides together. Later on, though, she spent a lot of time in front of the mirror before each ride and said her helmet made her hair look a mess. Turned out she had started seeing someone else! At least I kept the bike 🙂 There’s a cautionary tale here somewhere.

stu170
    Free Member

I’m with scaredypants with this, my Mrs isn’t really a faffer, but on occasion I simply leave the house and start the car, she knows then she has 2 minutes or I leave without her, only happened once and she learnt her lesson

scaredypants

Scardeypants you married?

yeah, (possibly remarkably) I am

jambalaya
    Free Member

Your friends or hers ? If mine I would left without her. I am familiar with your situation, th only thing Mrs B has been on time for is our wedding

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Pffft… I was in theatre for 2 hrs 45 mins on Thursday, they said it would only be an hour. Bloody doctors eh, cannae slice you up fast enough one day, then take all the time in the world the next.

mrsfry
    Free Member

yeah, (possibly remarkably) I am

🙁

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Scaredypants is married. To a builder from Castleford.

Drac

Yup I run on the if you’re not ready then your left or we’re not going rule. Keeps the late turn up to about 20 minutes.

ratherbeintobago

I was in theatre for 2 hrs 45 mins on Thursday, they said it would only be an hour.

You have to remember that surgeons don’t use the same length of units of time as the rest of humanity, including those of us on the other side of the blood-brain barrier.

There used to be a formula for how long plastics cases were going to take – something like (actual time) = (time surgeon estimates) x ?(number of surgeons + number of surgeons sat down + 2 if they get the operating microscope out)

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

So “it should be a simple bit of keyhole surgery” actually means “your foot is basically coming off and being stitched back on” then.

This would explain a lot….

badllama
    Free Member

I did the car thing then drove off one night, turned off the mobile and went to see the film.

I’m sure it’s a control thing I left her in the airport once as we were going away with her family to a wedding, last call for flight xyz they carried on chatting I gave her her ticket and went and got on board.

Her uncle took the hint. 🙄

We are no longer together. I cannot stand poor shit time keeping, it’s complete bollocks.

Caher

Move to Switzerland, being late makes you a social pariah in days.

CountZero

1 Tell her the wrong time, one that is 1 hr 50 minutes early.
    the people we were supposed to meet had left at which she was quite surprised and I was called a t**t for pointing out we were 1 hour 50 minutes later than she said we would meet them

scaredypants

esselgruntfuttock – Member
    Scaredypants is married. To a builder from Castleford

Technically, no. He tested positive for rohypnol and it was anulled.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

I think it’s to do with never really having a job/career that requires turning up on time to work/meetings etc no requirement to be punctual which is the complete opposite to my world.

bearnecessities

He tested positive for rohypnol and it I was anulled.

dragon
    Free Member

Amazing to think Ueli Steck can climb the north face of the Eiger in that time and still have a few minutes left for a photo and a snack!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Do what I do:

Appointment at 1800.

You tell the other half 1630.

You get there late at 1750-1830.

Sorted.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘2 hours 26 minutes’ is closed to new replies.