Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 170 total)
  • 2 days to go until SKYRIM ! ;-D is that a dragon i see.by the gods,BY THE NINE!
  • GlitterGary
    Free Member

Yeah, my horse got killed at the start of Oblivion too, which annoyed me a bit. 😀

I’ve only just started on Skyrim, but have Friday off so am going to spend all day on it… 8)

Loved Fallout too, there’s just something about the atmosphere in these games that is great.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

My friend was on about the lich that comes out after you kill a dragon, I’ve not seen it yet. My characters an expert archer and alchemist, I like using poisoned arrows from afar. Enchanted all my armour and rings to suit that style of play.

GlitterGary, I think Fallout 3 has to be one of the most atmospheric games ever made. New Vegas was good too and took it to the next level, but i think I will remember 3 more for atmosphere as it was the first free roaming game of that genre done so well. STALKER was ok but it often felt more like operation flashpoint set in a wasteland with crap monsters.

Drac

Got distracted killing a dragon before then turned back to the screen to see me in it’s mouth being flung around.

Tom83

Happened a few times to me tonight, seems random if you get chomped, as i was at 3/4 health but still got eaten!

Drac

My friend was on about the lich that comes out after you kill a dragon, I’ve not seen it yet

Have you not got any shouts then? You need to do the main story line, I got distracted too but back on it now. The shouts are awesome I have one that knocks people flying.

MrsToast
    Free Member

I finally managed to get some time with Skyrim tonight. I’m currently full destruction (fire in the right hand, sparks in the left), and nauseatingly good. Unlike Mr Toast, who spends hours robbing people blind with his lizard wizard. Well, he’s not really a wizard, but ‘stealthy roguey archer type’ doesn’t rhyme with lizard.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Got some shouts Drac, not seen a lich though. I presume it’s part of the main quest? I’m just in a dwarf cave, once I’m done on this quest I’m going to do more of the main quest.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

I’m having too much fun playing Skyrim.

How do you go about adding more letters to your shouts though? I’ve been with the greybeards and improved my pushing-people type one but really want my firey shout to be better.

Also, as a bunch of left-leaning Guradian readers, are we all Stormcloaks or has anyone sided with the Empire?

spacemonkey

Anyone been checking out the latest PC mods?

Worth using the Mod Manager and already seeing improvements in textures etc.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m struggling to care about it any more and am only lvl 14 :p I can’t get over how weak a destruction mage seems to be, unless I resort to healing my companion (or tanking and chain healing myself whilst the companion does damage) I really struggle. Occasionally I’ll 1-shot a bandit or some other weak thing but usually in dungeons I do about 10-15% dmg per hit and die if I get hit more than a couple of times.
    It’s a bit naff you can seemingly buy all the spells from the start to so as a mage only have armour to look forward to (assuming no one bothers much with staves).
    The rag-doll stuff is annoying to if you’re fighting on a mountain, I must have run miles chasing corpses rolling down them.

alexxx
    Free Member

Not in a mean way, but how do you guys do anything productive when you like games like this?

I get well addicted to games like battlefield so I physically have to limit myself from going on them more than a few hours a week… surely these games are life stealers if your into them no?

spacemonkey

Yes, they are life stealers. Thankfully I’m full on with everything else in my life right now so only get to play the odd session late at night. Twas different in my 20s.

FW, I’ll probably get bored of it in a few days/weeks too. I’m kind of expecting to, but at the same time the non-linearity does mean you have huge variety in what you do and how you do it. Everyone playing the game is probably taking an entirely different path. And it does look damn fine. A much better experience that the Fallout series and other RPGs.

nedrapier

Not a gamer, but I did enjoy reading this after a mate posted it on fb.

Probably even better if you’re “in” skyrim:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-personality-flaws-skyrim-forces-you-to-deal-with/

someone might have posted already, I didn’t check through.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Also, as a bunch of left-leaning Guradian readers, are we all Stormcloaks or has anyone sided with the Empire?

I sided with the Imperials, but kind of by accident as there were people talking in the room and I just picked the first option without realising what I was being asked. 😛

Loved the Cracked article! 😀

Travis

right.. been following this, and in other places….
    Have no idea what I should play it on.. PS3 or XBOX, not a PC, as I only use a laptop at home.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I keep dying really easily and I’m only at level 7.

I’m not doing any magic things yet, should I be? I just try and block and fight, but then I almost always have to leg it from a fight. 🙂

Am I just rubbish?

FuzzyWuzzy

I’ve found as I’ve got older my attention span for games has fortunately decreased significantly. I had over 100 days played in my first year in Everquest (as in I spent nearly 1/3 of the year playing it…), anyone else remember jboots lol? :p Fast-forward to now and I haven’t even bothered finishing MW3 single-player as got bored, not played BF3 in a week and can’t see me doing much more in Skyrim.

MrsToast
    Free Member

I keep dying really easily and I’m only at level 7.

I’m not doing any magic things yet, should I be? I just try and block and fight, but then I almost always have to leg it from a fight.

Am I just rubbish

Depends what you’re trying to focus on – if you want to be a warrior type character, you need to be using heavy armour, two handed swords, etc. If you want to be a roguey character, you need to sneak around a lot in leather (let’s face it, we’ve all done it) with a bow. If you want to be a caster, you need the clothie stuff (as it normally has magicka regen or lower cast cost for certain schools of magic). The more you use something, the higher your skill in it.

Also, what are you putting your points into? If you’re being a melee character and you’re dying a lot, you might want to bunt some points into health to increase your max pool.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Cheers Mrs Toast, I’m trying to be a warrior type character and seem to be upgrading the right points, I think. I use a sword and shield though and haven’t really got the best armour etc yet.

I’ve also gone off exploring a bit rather than doing the main quest and started bumping into dragons, giants, skeletons and mammoths that kill me quite quickly.

Maybe I’m just a softie? 😆

racefaceec90

don’t worry.i am playing on easiest difficulty level (i’m a rubbish gamer).i have been playing mostly 1 handed blade (have an ebony blade at present) and destruction magic (lightning bolt/fireball (XL5) i do wear heavy armour though (currently orcish armour).even though i am currently level 19,i break out into a cold sweat,every time i come up against a deathlord/skeletal lich 😯 they are by far the worst enemies in the game,that i have come up against so far 😯

spacemonkey

I’ve also gone off exploring a bit rather than doing the main quest and started bumping into dragons, giants, skeletons and mammoths that kill me quite quickly.

There’s your problem. You’re gonna get your arse kicked if you mainly pick on big guys like these. Do some quests, up some powers and start kicking arse.

spacemonkey

Same here Fuzzy – I’ll put maybe 10-15hrs (these days) into what I think is a good game and then that’s it. Tis a good thing though.

I reckon SR could easily pull a lot of people into it though. If I had absolutely nothing to do for a week I could play it a lot. But thankfully I have a life.

racefaceec90

just saw this video. [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g_g7uYFWYw[/video] have yet to come across a mudcrab that big 😯

PlopNofear
    Free Member

have yet to come across a mudcrab that big

Its because you can’t. They’ve used console commands to make the crab bigger.

Just like this 3X bigger dragon.

racefaceec90

ah! 🙂

Drac

Worth using the Mod Manager and already seeing improvements in textures etc.

Ooh nude female textures.

weirdnumber
    Free Member

I have put way too much time into skyrim. Decided to finish off the main quest last night after spending ages doing side stuff. I’m level 40 one hand heavy armour with a full set of Daedric armour and my character looks proper mean. 🙂
    Working on sneak now before I attempt the dark brotherhood and thieves guild stuff.

racefaceec90

have just visited black reach for the first time.WOW! is all i can say (it is huge also.at least 1/8th the size of skyrim itself,according to someone 😯

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Took the plunge on this game after reading this thread even though I’ve never played the previous instalments.

I have been signed off work for the past two weeks and all I’ve done is play this game. Absolutely love it.

Started out as a Nord warrior but quickly discovered this wasn’t the direction I wanted to go. Started again but this time as a Dark Elf. I joined the College of Winterhold to train as a mage but I’m now concentrating on being a thieving, murdering archer assassin with Archery, Sneak & Smithing skills to make and upgrade my weapons/ armour.

Haven’t really done much of the main storyline as I’m enjoying the smaller quests of the thieves guide and the dark brotherhood.

Cougar

Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

Just got Skyrim. Anything I need to know before I roll a character?

racefaceec90

if you’ve never played an elder scrolls game before,may i recommend being a fighter/warrior character first off (you can still use magic also if you want).you’ll find it just a bit easier to get into understanding the game (have a better chance when fighting enemies/armour bonuses e.t.c).just have fun basically.oh and don’t annoy the giants 😉 p.s i’m a bit sad as i sold my 360 and all games (including skyrim/oblivion) last friday (to pay towards a new guitar).i will be buying the game again though at some stage 🙂

Russell96

I’ve gone down the imperial warrior mage route, mix of companions and winterhold quests, with some smithing and plenty of enchanted weapons with soul trap to keep everything charged.

Search every room, drawer, cupboard etc… there are plenty of skills books to be found to give good boosts to skills.

Cougar

I appear to be rolling a Rogue type character. Just about to pull the trigger on a Wood Elf named Legoland.

deluded
    Free Member

Cougar – was the naming of your Wood Elf a nod to ‘Bored of the Rings’?

‘… rolling a Rogue type character’ Are you a proper ‘pencil and manuals’ RPG’er!?

Cougar

Hah, I’d forgotten all about that. And the Boggit.

I publicly deny ever GMing Shadowrun. Ahem.

Cougar

But, yeah. “Warrior” classes never held much appeal to me. I’ve always subscribed to the Mr Myagi school of gaming; “best defence, no be there.” Archer / spellchucker / sniper etc.

samuri
    Free Member

I started out as one of them cat things that’s supposed to be good at sneaking around and robbing people.

As it turns out, he’s not bad at a good honest rumble too. Level 20 or something now, plenty of dragons dead by my sword.

Cougar

That cat thing was tempting, that was my second choice. Y’know, Cougar.

iridebikes
    Free Member

I love this game! Im currently level 28, and a right mongrel, I tend to shoot them with my bow a few times, then throw some fireballs, then finish them with my sword 🙂 It works for me.

darrell
    Free Member

I’m starting to get grumpy with the lag time issue

Ps3 by the way and level 11
    🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 170 total)

The topic ‘2 days to go until SKYRIM ! ;-D is that a dragon i see.by the gods,BY THE NINE!’ is closed to new replies.