Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 170 total)
  • 2 days to go until SKYRIM ! ;-D is that a dragon i see.by the gods,BY THE NINE!
  • racefaceec90

i cannot believe that it is almost finally here 😀 [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSL-r9AIEEU[/video] i will be dragon shouting all the way to melksham (as fast as my little legs can turn the pedals 😉

Tom83

Got a dispatch confirmation yesterday, not sure if I’ll get it early or not!

Drac

Don’t know whether to get this or not I loved Ovlivion. Might wait a bit for the price to drop.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Me too, I buy it it means not leaving the house all Winter… will still probably cave in and get it though.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I will be getting it on Friday. Very excited. Can’t see much work being done.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’ve got some bits of metal and a pair of shoes turning up this week.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

I’m off Thursday and Friday and way weighing up whether to buy this or COD. The video up there has persuaded me to wait til Friday and buy Skyrim.

akak
    Free Member

Will there be a playable demo? maybe its wrong to say but the videos make it look boring and I like RPGs…

D0NK

Well I’m getting it for christmas the event that shall not be named, so no spoilers please. besides I need to build a faster PC to actually run it at a decent speed. Currently replaying oblivion to whet my appetite.

Sounds like they may have dumbed down some of the geeky features. “What do you mean I can’t spend 3 hours sneaking in the oak and crosier to level up?”

molgrips
    Free Member

Sounds like they may have dumbed down some of the geeky features. “What do you mean I can’t spend 3 hours sneaking in the oak and crosier to level up?”

Geeky features? You mean they’ve closed some of the loopholes that allow you to cheat?

pedalhead
    Free Member

Got it on pre-order from Amazon, not Steam this time as it’s quite expensive there. Based on how much Oblivion ate into my spare time, I’m a bit concerned about the impact this is going to have on winter base training!

D0NK

You mean they’ve closed some of the loopholes that allow you to cheat?

no cheating is messing around with the console and mods, using the game mechanics is a bit different. Spending hours practicing MTB moves on your front street instead of learning it all on the trail isn’t cheating is it? Is using a turbo all winter then beating your mates up the hills next summer cheating? unfair advantage possibly but not cheating
    🙂

D0NK

PS if we are getting all technical about it it I’m not too impressed with the mechanics in fallout3, you can upgrade a skill to high level without ever using it, that’s not right is it? I’ve heard rumours skyrim has similar levelling to FO, not been reading too much on it tho.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Received mine from Amazon today. On installation, it ties itself to your Steam account, which is fine, but then goes on to say… “Skyrim cannot be installed yet because it is not yet released”. Cheeky buggers!

molgrips
    Free Member

Spending hours practicing MTB moves on your front street instead of learning it all on the trail isn’t cheating is it?

I assumed you were talking about entering sneak mode, facing a corner then putting a rubber band around the controller stick and leaving it overnight. Which would be a ace if you could do things like that with biking 🙂

Cougar

Skyrim cannot be installed yet because it is not yet released

Unplug from the Internet and set your calendar forward?

molgrips
    Free Member

Can you play Steam games with out net access?

molgrips
    Free Member

Actually I need to stop posting on this thread, the more I keep it up the top the more chance there is of Mrs Grips seeing it.

D0NK

On installation, it ties itself to your Steam account, which is fine, but then goes on to say… “Skyrim cannot be installed yet because it is not yet released”. Cheeky buggers!

Oh FFS! I hate this shit, I have an offline games PC coz I don’t want to faff around with windows security updates and other guff. Why can’t you just buy a game that works? Oh and steam can be a right old PITA even if you are online.

facing a corner then putting a rubber band around the controller stick and leaving it overnight

still not cheating, your character is practicing even if you aint there to see it 🙂

Can you play Steam games with out net access?

not AFAIK, when I bought HL2 I asked th guy in the shop can I play this with no internet connection he said “yes” wrong!

deluded
    Free Member

As expected it’s garnered excellent reviews on IGN & Gamespot. Gamespot has a live stream of game play going on – looks really, really good.

I can see the frequency of my winter mountain biking dipping off!

racefaceec90

have realized that i will need to carry my 360 with me to the game shop tomorrow (to download the 1.1 patch for the game) as i do not have a phone line/no x box live.will be worth it though (if my back survives as it’s a first gen system 😉

_tom_
    Free Member

Had a quick go round a friends house, it seems pretty good but I’m not really into RPGs. Seems like a huge improvement over Morrowind which is the only Elder Scrolls I’ve played.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Unplug from the Internet and set your calendar forward?

nope doesn’t work. Steam won’t let you install games in “offline mode”.

Cougar

So, what, the game requires Steam? Wow. Is that a common thing these days? (I think the last boxed PC game I bought was Gabriel Knight III so I’m a bit out of touch)

pedalhead
    Free Member

This is the first one I’ve bought outside of Steam that actually requires it. Generally I don’t mind Steam, it’s a good way to get introduced in particular to indie games.

Northwind

I’ve celebrated the approach of Skyrim by buying Fallout 3. Think I’ll wait til the modders have got their teeth into skyrim

sunshiner1der
    Free Member

OK so I came home to find Skyrim had arrived a day early and haven’t managed to get a conversation out of hubby since he started playing at about 5pm. Apparently I can expect to have a weekend of “me time” doing whatever I want, as long as it doesn’t involve either him or the TV in the sitting room!

Wish I could ride at the moment!

racefaceec90

tis 11.11.11 everyone 😀 happy skyrim day 😀 (won’t be getting my copy until around 11am),but i can assure you that i will write a short first impressions on here (no spoilers).would be glad to hear your views of the game also. 😀

chojin
    Free Member

Argh, I still haven’t finished arkham city yet :/

emma82
    Free Member

Why aren’t you all playing COD or have you completed it?

chojin
    Free Member

COD? pffft. I’ll pick that up after Christmas when its 10 quid 🙂

D0NK

haven’t managed to get a conversation out of hubby since he started playing at about 5pm

Someone I worked with told me while at uni FF7 came out a couple of guys from their group of friends dissappeared for a week, completely dropped off the social radar, no-one heard from them, someone called round to their house to check they were still alive, “yeah just been on the playstation”

🙂

have realized that i will need to carry my 360 with me to the game shop tomorrow

so you can play the 360 version offline? just PC users who suffer, what a gyp! that’s windows-ist that is.

pedalhead
    Free Member

For PC users struggling with frame rates, here’s a tip. For some reason, vsync is enabled by default and can’t be changed in game, which causes tons of mouse lag. Here’s the fix…

“To disable VSync in Skyrim, add iPresentInterval=0 to the bottom of the [Display] section of the Skyrim.ini file in the \Users\[Username]\My Documents\My Games\Skyrim directory”

Also, if you’re running CrossfireX (like me) then disable it as, yet again with a major release, there’s negative scaling at work. Apparently a new CAP is “being worked on”…the ATI driver team on the ball as usual 🙄 . I’ve only played a few minutes but it looks good so far.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

i need a new game can somebody tell me in laymans terms what its like, what its similar too etc.

i fancy a different game…

cheers

Cougar

Help me out here.

Do I need Skyrim?

I enjoyed Dragon Age, but Oblivion left me cold. For that reason I’ve not really paid it much attention and know nothing about the Elder Scrolls series mythology.

What do other readers think?

_tom_
    Free Member

Cougar if you just fancy a new game to play I could send you Morrowind (for PC). I’ve had it sat around for ages and I’m never gonna play it again so it may as well get some use..

Cougar

if you just fancy a new game to play I could send you Morrowind

I appreciate the offer, but I’ll decline I think. Whilst I’m all for retro gaming, something that’s like Oblivion only older doesn’t really have much appeal. (Also, I think my OH might actually own it, I vaguely remember seeing it in the cupboard.) Thanks anyway, though.

Cougar

How to shoplift in Skyrim.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt5aUdijAN8[/video]

_tom_
    Free Member

Ah no worries, yeah it is pretty old I guess! from what I’ve played Skyrim is fun, you can walk around with fireball hands 🙂

GlitterGary
    Free Member

On the xbox 360 is it essential that you get the update patch?

Mine doesn’t have internet access at the moment either, and I don’t want to cart it down to the shops for an update, well not if it can be helped anyway… 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 170 total)

The topic ‘2 days to go until SKYRIM ! ;-D is that a dragon i see.by the gods,BY THE NINE!’ is closed to new replies.