Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 2 days in Vancouver what to do
  • deserter
    Free Member

As per title, don’t really do city breaks so any ideas welcome, we aren’t heading to whistler

Thanks in advance

k-sugden
    Free Member

Stanley Park and Vancouver island should do you

olddog

Indy coffee shops, brew shops and restaurants.

unsponsored
    Free Member

Granville Island Market, then MEC then Stanley park. Pub next to train station for beer and burgers (edge of gas town).

sweaman2
    Free Member

Soon or in summer?

If it’s raining (which is a strong possibility) Museum of Anthropology was good. I don’t really “do” museums and I still liked it.

Granville Island is touristy but still worth a visit.

Stanley Park is nice to ride in / around using rental bikes

Rent a sea kayak for a couple of hours

Grouse grind Hike to stretch the legs

P-Jay
    Free Member

This time of year? Stay the **** indoors!

We tried to go Orca watching in a big speedboat thing, but the water was too rough that day so they cancelled – but you can rent speedboats surprisingly cheaply and spend a day darting between oil tankers, landing boat planes and floating fuel stations.

Gastown was a good night out!

john_drummer
    Free Member

Get some proper Chinese food in Chinatown (gas town?)
    Stanley Park +1

phinbob

If you have kids then the ‘Flying over Canada’ thing at Canada place is cool. As others have said, Granville Island public market is good, Gastown, Stanley Park.

We were there for New Year – it was really cold, because of the humidity mainly, the damp seemed to seep into you.

We really liked the place – but possibly because it was a little bit British (coming on for four years living in the US).

Murray

Sea plane to Vancouver island is cool

rs
    Free Member

Even if you don’t have kids, that fly over canada thing is pretty cool too and worth 30 minutes of your time, I went for the first time a few weeks ago. Was blown away by how good it is. edit: i expected it to be complete shit, so my expectations were low.

If you have two days, I wouldn’t waste it on a trip to the island. plenty to keep you occupied for two days.

Don’t go to the capilano suspension bridge, go find the lynn valley suspension bridge and hike the trails there.

Obviously if you want to ride, rent a bike, and ride fromme or seymour.

spooky_b329

Treat yourselves to that posh restaurant on the top of Grouse Mountain.

r1chardh
    Free Member

Extra vote for a sea plane. Loved it!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘2 days in Vancouver what to do’ is closed to new replies.