• This topic has 15 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by alpin.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 2 days in Munich………..
  • sparkerfix

………. What to do/see/eat/drink ? Ta muchly.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Englischergarten (spl?) in the sunshine is a joy.
    Also, go here to eat, drink and be merry.
    http://www.apfelwein-wagner.com/

If there on business, a cautionary tale from my own experience….

The Germans (And Bavarians, of course) do love to get naked. At the drop of a hat, as it were. They do so in the parks around town in their lunch hour.

I arrived far early for my meeting, so to escape the heat, sat on a bench in the shade and had a nice sandwich. A good looking lady in her mid-thirties strolled in to the park, stopped about twenty yards away from me, laid down a towel and shedding all her clothing, lay down in the sun. From behind Black Iridium, I enjoyed the sights of Munich in the summer.

About fifteen minutes before the meeting, she left, leaving me time to straighten both my tie and thoughts before heading over to the office. I announced myself at reception, and having established I spoke little German, asked for Frau ABC, who I was due to meet. “Please, take a seat in here, she will be with you very soon.”

A good looking lady in her mid-thirties walked in to the room and introduced herself as Frau ABC……!

pt0608
    Free Member

Höfbrauhaus.

Nuff said.

Oh and also the Augustine Keller.

andermt
    Free Member

The surfing is worth a look as well.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The surfing is worth a look as well.

True.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Deutsches Museum is awesome, a good half day +. Hoffbrauhaus is good, very touristy though, there are better beer gardens about. But defo Deutsches museum.

sparkerfix

Thanks!!

colp

The residence is worth a look, 90 odd nicely restored rooms telling the history of the Wittelsbach family.
    Definitely the surfer bridge then a nice walk in the Englischer Garten, head for a beer at the Chinese Tower beer garden (Chineseischer Turm).
    Hofbräuhaus is worth a look, just don’t eat there for god’s sake.
    Some nice Thai restaurants if you head up Sendlinger Strasse and explore.
    Hop on/off bus good way to get your bearings

Where’s Alpin anyway?

Sandwich

Dachau if you wish to ponder on the nature of life and human nature.

StirlingCrispin

I did a bike tour: mikesbiketours.com

Was excellent fun – and meant that I saw pretty much all the cool stuff. Highly recommended.

Also took in Oktoberfest ( you may not have timed the trip for that) and Höfbrauhaus.

Don’t bother with the Olympic park. The Nymphenberg palace was jaw-dropping. I hired a bike from the station to get there and back.

alpin
    Free Member

servus! hier bin ich…

ja ja… die nackten. aber du solltest mal nach Ost Deutschland fahren, da geht’s ab, sag i dir! so viele schwanze und hangetitten hab i an einem ort nie gesehen!

wie schon gesagt, Englsich Garten ist schon sehr nett, was mit den nackten und das Bier (ist aber meine meinung nach nicht das beste ort um rohes fleisch zu sehen und es gibt besseres bier als Hofbräu). aufjeden fall deine sonnenbrille nicht vergessen. die surferfs gibt’s immer, egal ob 30°C oder -10°C. die sind schon ehrgeizig!
    Haus der Kunst ist grad 50m weit weg von der Surferbrücke. ein wahres stück Naziarchitektur.

ein spaziergang der Isar lang ist immer emphelenswert, vor allem an sonnigen tagen.

Augustiner Keller in der fußgangerzone ist, laut mir, einer der besten Kellers in München. sehr authentisch und nicht komplett überlaufen mit besoffene Australier wie im Hofbräukeller. da musst du unbedingt Schweinebraten mit Knödel probieren.

ein sehr gute tipp ist die St. Peter Kirche direkt hinter Marienplatz. für 1,60€ ungefähr kannst du den turm hoch laufen. dort oben kriegst du ein tolles blick über München bis zur Alpen.

falls es regnet, du könntest locker ein paar stunden im Deutsches Museum verbringen. viele technische dinge zum anschauen.

Nymphenburg ist auch sehr schön. angeblich gibt es dort ein riesen Hakenkreuz unterm Teppisch.

ich hätte das alles auf Baorisch sagen können, aber ich glaub nicht dass du es verstanden hätte.

and now in english…

-Englisch Garten is nice if it’s sunny (nudies!) don’t forget your sunnies.
    -Surfers.
    -walk long the Isar
    -Augustiner Keller in the pedestrian zone rather than Hofbräukeller.
    St Pewter church behind Marienpltz for a gresat view of Munich and the Alps for ~1,60€
    – if it is raining then the Deutsche Museum and/or Nymphenburg.

google translate is your friend.

when are you over?

sparkerfix

Thanks all, we’re over in Germany now with a camper van and just fancy a couple of days there before heading to southern Bavaria.

alpin
    Free Member

If you are already in Munich then you are most definitely in southern Bavaria!

Go down to Tegernsee or Schliersee for some lakes and mountains.
    Chiemsee is nice, too.

Go and let your tackle sweat out at Therme Erding.

sparkerfix

Thanks Alpin. We’ve driven some of the romanticstrasse. Thinking of getting down to Bertchesgaten but will check out your suggestions. Thanks again.

munrobiker
    Free Member

The Deutschmuseum is good. Other than that I’d say leave as early as you can.

alpin
    Free Member

Berchtesgaden is also very nice. Trip on Königssee is worth it.

The salt mine is also meant to be very interesting.

You’ll pass Chiemsee on the way. Some nice basic spots to camp around there (pretty much like the French Aires).

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘2 days in Munich………..’ is closed to new replies.